- Walk to Pangbourne and its facilities
- First floor bathroom
- Single garage and off road parking
- Within the heart of this delightful period village
- Large open fire to the sitting room
- 3 bedrooms
- Very pretty good sized cottage gardens
- Potential for extension stpp
- Southerly and westerly sunny gardens
- downstairs cloakroom and separate utility room
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes` walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances approximate)
1,398 sq ft / 130 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A pretty 3 bedroom semi-detached period cottage with some later additions. Mowcop is valuably unlisted with a number of original period features and high ceilings throughout. Lots of potential to refurbish, reconfigure and (or) extend subject to Local Authority planning permission.
Whitchurch-on-Thames has long been noted as one of the most exclusive and sought after Thames villages and Mowcop is within easy walking distance of the River Thames and the vibrant period village of Pangbourne with its specialist shops, train station, pubs and restaurants. The property is also within easy walking distance of the highly regarded Whitchurch Primary School.
There is useful off road parking in front of the single garage and gardens to both front and rear. The rear garden enjoys both the southerly and westerly sun all day and measures some 80ft in depth from the kitchen, with a wide terrace for summer dining and a pretty Victorian outbuilding.
It is very hard to find a pretty cottage set within the heart of a delightful and peaceful period village, with easy access to such wonderful facilities.
● Sitting room has a large open log fire with beam across fitted with a canopy
● Exposed beam across the ceiling of the sitting room which also has a dining area
● Half pine panelling to one wall within the hall,
● Ground floor study overlooks the rear garden
● 2 double bedrooms, a single bedroom and bathroom to the 1st floor
● There is valuable off-street parking for a single car before the garage
● Single garage with workshop and store behind
● Garden to both front and rear with a side access to a single garage and the rear garden has a wide sun terrace, a side access and a small number of useful outbuildings
● Solar thermal panels providing hot water
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, staircase to first floor, sitting room with dining area, study, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. Single detached garage with workshop to rear and a log store, further large brick constructed storeroom under a pitched roof, possibly a Victorian wash-house originally.
Gardens and grounds: Gardens to both front and rear, rear has a wide terrace and large lawn area, mature trees and shrubberies, large vegetable garden, flower beds, octagonal greenhouse (in need of repair), log store, brick storeroom.
Local facilities: Mowcop is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs between the villages and has riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children`s play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has two fine character pubs in The Greyhound and Ferryboat.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School itself has an outstanding record.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left at the mini roundabout, turn left again at the George Hotel turn left, and continue over the River Thames and the toll bridge into Whitchurch-on-Thames, passing The Greyhound pub on the right and you will come across Manor Road on the left, almost opposite this on the right is Mowcop on the right hand side of the High Street. Please park in Manor Road for viewing appointments.
Post Code: RG8 7ET
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.