- Large modern country house
- 5 bathrooms
- Refitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Double garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- 7 Double bedrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- Part walled garden with Southerly aspect
- Ample parking
Pangbourne shops & train station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junc 12) 6 miles
(all distances are approximate)
4,787 sq ft / 445 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.22 acre / 0.1 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid, large, modern 6 bedroom country house, constructed in 2003 by the well-known Clancy Developments Ltd. Indiscernibly attached to the rear with its gardens enjoying the southerly sun.
This property has been occupied from new by the present owners who have continued to improve the property with the spectacular refitted kitchen/breakfast room, a new sitting room with access to the side gardens, extension to the library/music room and a newly constructed utility room. Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, there are lots of footpaths and country walks easily accessible.
The property as a whole is in excellent order, and is situated just before the main entrance to Old Stocks Court in an individual and private corner position.
This is by anyone`s standards a wonderful family house.
● The gardens which surround the property on 3 sides, the main gardens enjoying high red brick and flint retaining walls to the entrance lane
● The kitchen/breakfast room is spectacular, beautifully refitted with central island, 1.5 under-mounted stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, lots of wide attractive cream granite working surfaces. The central island has lots of cupboards and drawers, wine racks and a granite breakfast bar, fitted Highlight Rangemaster with 5 propane gas rings, 2 ovens and grill, with stainless steel extractor over, French doors from the kitchen open directly onto the gardens and sun terrace and walk through directly into the dining room which has a large fitted dresser unit with china drawers and high level china cupboards
● Double French doors from the dining room enter into the sitting room which has an open fireplace, presently fitted with a propane gas coal fire, carved stone surround and mantle, fold back glazed panel doors open directly onto the gardens and there are large floor to ceiling windows overlooking the side gardens
● The central galleried landing overlooking on 3 sides the fantastic reception hall
● Old Stocks Court forms a cul-de-sac so that the rural peace, charm and seclusion is not disturbed
● The golden oak joinery throughout the property including doors, French doors, staircases and landings
● Separate annexe with access from the hall, with private staircase giving access to a large bedroom, beautifully fitted wet room and walk-in wardrobe with windows overlooking the front gardens
● There is a large utility room which is fitted in a similar manner to the kitchen and has granite working surfaces and a door directly onto the garden
● The first and second floor bedrooms, the main part of the house are accessed are accessed by way of wide, graceful staircases which rise past galleried landings with the ability from the first and second floor to look right down into the main reception hall
● All the bedrooms are doubles, most of the bathrooms have showers and have been refitted of recent times to a very high standard
● This is a very light and well insulated house
Summary of accommodation:
Entrance hall, very large reception hall, 2 cloakrooms, drawing room, sitting room, library/music room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, large utility room, 6/7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms (3 ensuite), door from reception hall to annexe, which has 1 large double bedroom, ensuite wet room, walk in wardrobe, double garage with twin up and over doors,
Gardens and grounds: Sunny gardens with well-maintained lawns, part walled rear garden with summer dining terrace, mature trees and hedges giving lots of privacy. Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.22 acres / 0.1 hectares.
Note. There is an annual service charge to cover the communal roads, gardens and lights etc, which is approximately £600.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there is a large livery yard with many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes` drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, St Andrew`s Preparatory School is only a few minutes` drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left proceed over the mini roundabout passing the front of The Elephant Hotel, turn right into Pangbourne Hill at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill and at a sign post just after the entrance to Pangbourne College directing you to Upper Basildon, turn right. Proceed along this road, pass the village green, pass The Red Lion pub at a cross roads, at the next cross roads turn left. Proceed along this road and pass over the next cross roads, a short distance along there is a turning to the left, turn left and at the bottom of this turning the property will be found on the right hand side in the corner, before you pass under the archway to the main part of this small exclusive development.
Post Code: RG8 8TD
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, mains gas
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.