- Detached single storey cottage style Property
- Three bath/shower rooms
- Pretty landscaped gardens
- Four bedrooms
- Spacious reception rooms
- Garage and ample parking
- Overlooking farmland to the rear.
Reading 9 miles ● Pangbourne 10 minutes' drive ● Goring train station 4.5 miles (10 minutes' drive) with connections to Reading, Oxford and London Paddington (all distances approximate)
2,109 sq ft / 195.9 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Constructed in the 1970s, a delightful single storey 4 bedroom, detached, cottage style property; maintained and refitted of recent times to very high standards. Situated in a peaceful semi-rural lane, overlooking fields to the rear. Within easy access of Woodcote centre, with its village pubs, amenities and primary and secondary schools.
Constructed by a local builder using the timber frame system supplied by the well-known and respected WH Colt & Son based in Kent, cedar wood clad to the exterior, under a tiled roof.
The gardens of Redwood Lodge are a special feature, having been planted and maintained with loving care over many years. Pretty landscaped gardens on all sides of the property the rear gardens enjoying lots of sunshine all day and have a paddock to the rear.
● A spacious well fitted light property with character
● A number of the main doors are in natural golden oak
● The kitchen is fitted with a Rangemaster professional range, 5 ring induction hob, twin ovens and grill in stainless steel
● Lots of cupboards and drawers with a stainless steel sink unit, mixer tap and windows overlooking the side gardens
● Sitting room is large and has an attractive fireplace fitted with a Jetmaster wood burning stove with an open front. Sliding side doors give access to the garden
● The large conservatory has access from both the dining room and sitting room
● Reception hall is unusually spacious
● Bedroom 1 is large and light and in keeping with the rest of the property, very large windows and has a walk in fitted dressing room with hanging rails, shoe storage, drawers, etc. This bedroom also has a recently fitted ensuite shower room
• Bedroom 2 has a recently refitted shower room
● A family bathroom.
● All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes
● Bedroom 4 is currently used as a study with custom made oak fitted furniture including book cases, cupboards and filing cabinet
● A large laundry room with a door to the exterior and a recently refitted Worcester gas-fired boiler supplying central heating and domestic hot water
● The whole of the property has insulation and primary double glazed replacement windows
● Plenty of car parking immediately to the front of the property with a wide side access for garden maintenance
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, cloakroom, large sitting room, conservatory, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, 4 bedrooms, bedroom 4 currently used as a study, bedroom 1 with walk-in fitted dressing room, ensuite shower room, Bedroom 2 with en-suite shower room, family bathroom, large detached garage, parking to the front for a number of cars.
Gardens and grounds: Gardens on all side which are prettily landscaped, large sun terrace, summer dining and BBQ area, well maintained lawns, vegetable garden, ornamental pond with cascade waterfall, brick constructed large detached garage with secure covered area to one side for log storage and access to the gardens, timber garden store. Rear garden approximately 110ft in depth including the conservatory, by approximately 48ft in width across the rear of the property.
Woodcote is a thriving village with a good range of local amenities including a Post Office, small Co-Op supermarket, garden centre, two public houses, modern health centre, hairdressers, church, coffee shop, two toddler playgroups, a primary and secondary school and an excellent library. There is also a village green, a good cricket club and lots of family activities centred round the village hall and community centre.
Set in an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' surrounded by the scenic countryside of the Chilterns, with extensive beech woodlands, undulating fields and numerous footpaths and bridleways.
Pangbourne, just 10 minutes by car, has a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Goring-on-Thames is just a 5 minute drive and offers a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants. Woodcote has good road communications with easy access for Reading, Henley, Oxford and the M40 and M4 networks. For rail commuters there are mainline stations at Pangbourne and Goring-on-Thames, both providing fast services to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
Schools: Langtree School is a fine state secondary school; there is also a good village primary school. The Oratory Secondary and Preparatory Schools are very close by and within easy driving distance are Checkendon Primary School, Rupert House Preparatory School in Henley, and just the other side of Pangbourne there is Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, and the other side of Goring-on-Thames there is Moulsford Boys Preparatory School and Cranford House.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, left again at the mini roundabout and turn left at the next roundabout at the George Hotel. Pass over the River Thames via the toll bridge. Proceed through Whitchurch on Thames to the top of the hill until you reach Crays Pond with its staggered crossroads. Turn right and first left passing a garage on the left. You will see Bridle Path on the right and Beech Lane is the turning immediately to the left. Proceed left into Beech Lane and after a short distance do not bear left at the fork into Beech Lane, proceed straight ahead into Behoes Lane and Redwood Lodge will be found on the left just after a sharp right hand bend.
Post Code: RG8 0PP
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.