- Elegant character country property
- 2 bathrooms
- Split level drawing room with wood burning stove
- Ample off road parking
- 3/4 bedrooms
- Splendid kitchen/dining room
- Landscaped gardens with pretty views
- Downs school catchment area.
Pangbourne village & train station 8 miles ● Reading 13 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● Thatcham train station 8 miles ● Heathrow 1 hour (all distances and timings approximate)
2,173 sq ft / 202 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.312 acres / 0.13 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
Set in the heart of this pretty, period village, an elegant 3/4 bedroom detached bungalow. Originally constructed in the late 1960s and having recently undergone a total refit and extension creating a fabulous character country property with unusually spacious family accommodation.
Set on high ground, enjoying very pretty wooded views with the hills rising in the distance, in a spacious landscaped plot with fine wide decked terrace, taking full advantage of not only the views, but access to the gardens, and giving a wonderful summer dining and relaxation area.
Hampstead Norreys is noted for its lively village pub, The White Hart, serving good food, which is within walking distance, the village shop and café and the sought after and highly rated primary school.
● The large elegant split level drawing room with its wood burning stove, and doors leading to the rear gardens and terrace
● Splendid, large and light kitchen/dining room, with 4 Velux windows, which are remotely controlled and have rain closing sensors, large sliding glazed doors give access to the terrace and gardens, which are almost floor to ceiling height and slide 3 into 1, and there is underfloor heating
● The kitchen has a comprehensive selection of high and low level cupboards, granite work surfaces, Neff electric oven/microwave, Neff warming drawer under, fitted stainless steel Rangemaster with two electric ovens, grill and a 6 ring propane gas hob, high level Rangemaster extractor canopy, walk-in larder, Samsung American stainless steel fridge freezer with ice and water dispenser, 1.5 stainless steel under mounted sink with mixer tap, Neff fitted dishwasher, pull-out recycling draws, wine racks and pot cupboards
● Kitchen/dining room has an island breakfast bar that can easily seat 6 with cupboards under and wide hardwood polished work surface
● Modern family bathroom with underfloor heating
● Modern ensuite shower room
● Exterior garden lighting and power to the terrace area
● A large well fitted utility room with underfloor heating, lots of cupboards and drawers and a modern Worcester oil fired boiler, supplying domestic hot water and heating, and a loft hatch
● There is a high pitched roof to the property and there is a large loft area with potential for further extension into this are if so required, and subject to planning permission
● Solar panel heating which is connected to the national grid
● Walk to the White Hart pub
● There is an excellent village-run community shop, which sells local produce to include; meat, fish, bakery, fruit and vegetables, and it is also a popular cafe
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, large kitchen/living room with vaulted ceiling, 3 / 4 bedrooms, sitting room/bedroom 4, drawing room, large family bathroom, large utility room, shower room, large car parking area, insulated and lined garden store and garden shed.
Gardens and grounds: There is a wide brick laid driveway with car parking area, pretty well stocked front gardens with high hedges giving privacy, and an imposing entrance porch, the rear gardens have a wide terrace area, well maintained lawns, lots of high hedges and shrubs to the borders on both sides and rear giving tremendous seclusion, large insulated garden store and further timber garden store. Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.312 acres / 0.13 hectares.
Local facilities: Orchard View is within walking distance of the primary school, church, village community shop, café, hairdressers and the public house. There is a large village hall with excellent facilities, looking out over a football field, a cricket pitch and children's play area. The Manor Farm Courtyard Cottage accommodation , awarded 4 star gold by Visit England.
Hampstead Norreys is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the A34, M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There is a choice of train stations within easy reach: Goring, Didcot, Pangbourne, Thatcham and Theale. It is a short drive from the market town of Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak, an excellent post office, large general store and a hairdresser.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 10 minutes' drive and has a fabulous selection of award winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Orchard View is within the catchment area for the highly sought after The Downs School at Compton and the highly regarded Hampstead Norreys C of E Primary. Within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel's Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, turn first right at St James the Less Church and proceed up Pangbourne Hill. Follow the signs for Yattendon. On arriving in Yattendon, pass the Royal Oak on the right, fork right and out of the village. On reaching the T-junction turn right; proceed into the village of Hampstead Norreys until you reach another T-junction with an island of grass on your right. Turn left and the property will be found 3 properties along on the left hand side, just before a ‘z-bend' road sign.
Post Code: RG18 0TE
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating, water softener
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Tax Band E
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.