- 18th century period cottage
- Good ceiling heights
- Off road parking
- Set on high ground
- 0118 9842662
- Two double bedrooms
- Single garage
- Good size gardens with views over open countryside
- No onward chain
Very pretty cottage with lovely views, set on high ground at the upper end of the village
Newbury 9 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 5 miles ● Aldermaston train station 4 minutes' drive (all distances and times approximate)
879 sq ft / 82 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty 2 bedroom semi-detached 18th century period cottage, listed Grade II, set on high ground with views to the rear over fields.
Constructed of red clay brick under a clay tiled roof, with leaded light windows in the traditional manner of the period. Set in landscaped gardens to both front and rear, and occupying a corner position with importantly, an access down a private road beside the property to an off-street car parking area and a very useful detached garage.
Bramble Cottage is set within a fabulous and unspoilt period village, located just after the ancient village green with its stately oak.
● Set on high ground with wonderful views to the rear
● The property is in good order throughout
● Very good ceiling heights for a property of this period
● Lots of period features including exposed beams, pretty open fireplaces including a large fireplace to the sitting room with Bessemer beam across
● The property has undergone modernisation and improvement of recent times with a pretty well fitted kitchen and a modern bathroom and ensuite cloakroom to bedroom 1
● The kitchen is very attractive with cream painted high and low level cupboard and drawer units, modern Bosch stainless steel double oven and grill and Bosch 4-ring ceramic inset hob, plumbing for washing machine, space for refrigerator, terracotta tiled floor, exposed beams to side, ceramic single drainer single bowl sink unit, wide working surfaces and mini spotlights to ceiling
● Both the bedrooms are doubles and have useful fitted wardrobes in both, unusual for a cottage of this period
● The dining room has a pretty open brick fireplace with beam across
Summary of accommodation:
Sitting room, dining room, inner hall, pretty modern kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, ensuite cloakroom to bedroom 1, modern family bathroom. Storage heaters on econ. 7, detached garage, gardens.
Gardens and grounds: The gardens are much larger than usual for a cottage of this period, especially to the rear with a large and attractively paved terrace with raised brick-edged flower beds to both sides, high fencing to both sides gives security and seclusion, and there are well maintained lawns, barbecue area, log store, garden store, greenhouse, and a path leading to the rear with a garden gate giving access to the off-street parking and the garage. Further parking space to the front.
The rear of the garden is presently paved but could provide a vegetable garden, if so desired, with a gate giving further access to a small storage area behind the garage and a beech hedge over which there are wonderful far reaching views of natural countryside into the far distance and the hills beyond.
Gardens to rear 111 ft x 21 ft wide approximately.
Local facilities and schools: Within walking distance of the Aldermaston village store, the highly regarded primary school, church, a hairdressers, a fine Victorian brick and knapp flint village hall built in 1897 and a fine old 17th century pub The Hinds Head, which has boutique hotel rooms and a restaurant.
Just up the road is the River Kennet with excellent fishing at Aldermaston Mill where day tickets are obtainable. Thatcham is approximately 6 miles which has a fantastic selection of shops including a Waitrose. There is a train station at Aldermaston giving a fast train connection to London Paddington. Fabulous sporting facilities are offered at the Bradfield College sports complex which has a fitness centre, squash, indoor tennis courts, a fine indoor swimming pool and many other activities. Bradfield also sports a fine 9 hole golf course with membership open to the public.
Schools within easy driving distance include Elstree, St Finian's, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House and St Andrews preparatory.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed out of the village through Tidmarsh to the A4 roundabout. Turn right. Proceed down the A4 turning left at the Aldermaston sign on a roundabout. Proceed into the village of Aldermaston, just round the bend where there is a little green and a stately ancient oak, Bramble Cottage will be found on the right, just beside Congreve Close with a Private Road, Residents Only sign.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage
Post Code: RG7 4LW
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.