- 17th century detached period cottage
- Three bathrooms
- Excellent ceiling heights
- Swimming pool
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- Five bedrooms
- Period features,Oak flooring and fireplaces
- Garage and parking
- Large gardens approx 0.6 acres
Wallingford 4 miles, Pangbourne 5.8 miles, M4 J12 10 miles, Reading 12 miles (distances approximate)
Approx 2688 sq ft / 249 m². Gardens/ grounds – 0.60 acre approx
A delightful, detached late 17th century period cottage listed Grade II. The property has a undergone tasteful and thorough restoration and modernisation by the present owners, creating a very comfortable and unusually spacious family house.
Mead Corner is accessed from a wide lane serving just four substantial period properties. The property is set in large gardens with an attractive terraced summer entertaining area with a sunken barbecue and a heated swimming pool (which can easily be fenced off for young children).
Beside the garage there are double gates leading from the private access to a secure parking area, which will easily take a number of cars.
Special Features: There is in general excellent ceiling heights throughout which is unusual for a property of this age, and lots of windows giving light.
The reception hall has solid oak flooring, with pretty terracotta tiling to the rear hall. The drawing room has restored flooring in terracotta tiles, probably Victorian and there is also a fine Inglenook fireplace with bread ovens and a wood-burning stove.
The sitting room also has a fine open fire with natural oak flooring. The master bedroom is very pretty with a large open fireplace.
The kitchen is large with a vaulted ceiling and fitted with a large modern cooking range, a stainless steel dishwasher and refrigerator. A 17th century, attached barn has been attractively converted into very useful accommodation with a study, a bedroom with en suite bathroom, and a family room.
Local Facilities: The riverside Beetle & Wedge restaurant is just along the road beside the River Thames, noted for fine dining with the boathouse restaurant and terrace overlooking the Thames. There are many period properties within this very typical Downland village. Easy access to Goring on Thames and Cholsey, both have mainline stations giving direct access to Reading and intercity fast train connection to London Paddington. To the south is easy access to the ancient market town of Wallingford with its old castle, the area is steeped in history with Henry VIII and his court regularly visiting Wallingford ; Wallingford Castle was, at one time, a Crown property. There are lots of other pubs and restaurants within the area, lots of shops in Wallingford, easy access to Goring on Thames with further shops. There are lots of bridle paths and footpaths, excellent golfing facilities in the area – Goring & Streatley Golf Club is only just along the road. The M40 at Junction 8 is also within easy access.
Schools: Within walking distance of Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, and a cricket ground. Easy access to lots of local schools including The Oratory School (Senior and Junior schools), Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION: Reception/lobby with door to reception hall, Inner hall, door to exterior, drawing room with dining room at one end, sitting room, family room, study/bedroom 5, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, boiler room to exterior.
4/5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, timber garden store, poolside summer house, swimming pool and terrace area, detached garage with large car parking area.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS : Large gardens enjoying the south westerly sun, extending to approximately 0.60 of an acre. Large greenhouse. Paved barbecue area set beside a sun terrace a swimming pool and a summer house with light and power ( could be used as a home office). Large lawns, fruit trees and high hedges giving seclusion.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn right and proceed out of the village in the direction of Streatley. Proceed through the traffic lights at Streatley and stay on the Wallingford Road, the A329. On entering Moulsford proceed down the hill you will find a sign on your left directing you to the Beetle and Wedge pub to the right, a short distance further along on your left you will find a very wide limestone driveway, directly opposite a traffic mirror on the right. Pye Corner House is on the left and Mead Corner on the right. Turn left into this lane. There is a black picket gate, which gives access to the main entrance.
SERVICES: Mains water, electricity and gas. Modern septic tank drainage. Superfast broadband.
POST CODE: OX10 9JD
LOCAL AUTHORITY: South Oxfordshire Council Council Tax Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN. Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.coutrylife.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.