- No onward chain
- New carpets, redecoration, new heating
- For persons over the age of 55
- Sought-after village location. Easy walk to shops.
- Single garage with light & power
- Two bedrooms
- Quiet location, overlooking the river pang
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Easy walking distance to shops, doctors' surgery and station. Reading 6 miles.
(all distances and timings are approximate)
662 sq ft / 62 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid and well-designed first floor 2 bedroomed apartment forming part of a purpose-built retirement scheme, centrally located in a quiet position beside the River Pang, in the middle of this sought-after village, and within walking distance of shops and station. NO ONWARD CHAIN.
This particular apartment has undergone recent partial re-decoration with new carpeting throughout, a new cushioned vinyl floor to shower room, and newly installed electric wall mounted heaters. It has its own single garage and occupies one of the prime positions within this small development, set right at the back so untroubled by any noise from the road, with windows overlooking the River Pang.
The Pang, noted for its purity as a chalk stream and famous for its brown trout, meanders along the riverside communal gardens belonging to the property with these gardens only for the use of the residents of Willows Court, therefore very private.
The position on the first floor together with a part time resident estate manager provides a tremendous amount of security. The estate manager gives on-site assistance and advice and there is also a guest bedroom with twin beds, wash basin and wc, which may be used if required at a nominal charge.
Willows Court was constructed in 1987 as a purpose built and carefully designed scheme for persons over the age of 55.
The entrance to no. 9 is located to the rear left-hand side of the development just behind the small car park for guests and residents, therefore only a short walk past pretty shrubbery and lawns to its private entrance via a staircase which is shared with only one other apartment.
* Newly installed energy efficient electric wall mounted heaters (a combination of Rointe Kyros and Dimplex programmable heaters)
* Wood effect UPVC double glazed windows throughout
* Emergency alarm system. Each room has an emergency pull cord, there is an intercom connected to the estate manager/care centre and if residents require it, a necklace alarm button as well
* Panelled internal doors with brass furniture
* Carpets, floor coverings and curtains included
* Excellent storage facilities including access to roof space
* Kitchen with Shaker style cream-coloured units together with built-in refrigerator, electric hob, freestanding Whirlpool washing machine
* Double aspect sitting room with feature corner window maximising light and views over the gardens and river, also an ornamental Adam style fireplace with coal effect electric fire
* Bedroom one has an extensive range of wall to wall fitted wardrobe/cupboard space
* A walk-in shower, with white suite and double-glazed roof window enabling lots of natural light
* This apartment also enjoys the benefit of having its own garage with power and lighting
Gardens: The communal riverside gardens are a particular feature of the development, attractively landscaped and maintained with pathways, lawn areas, flower borders and paved terrace with seating area overlooking the Pang. The gardens are cared for under a maintenance contract within the service charge.
Summary of accommodation: Dining/study area, sitting room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, shower room, single garage.
Tenure: Leasehold – the property/garage is held upon the balance of a 99-year lease from 27th October 1987 at peppercorn rent.
Maintenance/Service Charge: £220.34 per calendar month as a contribution towards building and garden maintenance, exterior and common part decoration, building insurance and estate manager facility. The charge for the garage is an additional amount of £3.40 per calendar month.
Local Facilities: The property has a level approach with a level footpath leading through the centre of Pangbourne village to shops, doctors' surgery, dental practice and opticians. Pangbourne is a prosperous bustling village with lots to offer including a bowling club, tennis club, Women's Institute, bridge club and all sorts of other activities. The village hall is just across the road with a market each Friday. There are lots of little restaurants and pubs, a fine hotel with bar and restaurant, The Elephant, and a station giving fast train connections to London Paddington, all within easy walking distance. There is also a bus stop opposite Willows Court.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn right and the driveway to the development will be found almost immediately on the right-hand side. Enter Willows Court and no.9 will be found around to the left and towards the rear.
Post Code: RG8 7AW
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.