- Edwardian country house
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Gardens Approx 0.7 acres
- Overlooking Bucklebury common
- Three reception rooms
- Peaceful location
Newbury 5 miles ● Pangbourne 10 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 8 miles ● Thatcham train station 3 miles (all distances are approximate)
1,852 sq ft / 172 m² Garden 0.7 acres / 0.3 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A pretty four bedroom Edwardian house with some later extensions directly overlooking the very beautiful and unspoilt Bucklebury Common. Set in a peaceful no through lane within an area noted to be of outstanding rural beauty.
The setting, together with the large gardens, create an outstanding country house with lots of potential and possible further improvement or extension subject to local authority planning permission. The property enjoys some fine views across its grounds to the rear to wooded boundaries and across to Bucklebury Common at the front.
This is a very special sleepy rural area with Eliezer Cottage just one of approximately fifteen properties of different ages, shapes and size within this little hamlet of Turners Green.
Note. Planning permission in place for a detached single garage.
● A fine family house
● Potential on both sides of the property for further extension subject to local authority planning permission
● Sitting room with pretty open fireplace and windows overlooking Bucklebury Common
● Second reception room/dining room also has splendid views both to the side and to the front
● Large laundry room and large boot room
● Large ground floor study with windows overlooking the rear gardens
● A pretty flagstone terrace for summer dining with double doors giving access to the house
● Fully fitted kitchen with quarry tiled flooring
● The property enjoys the ancient commoners rights which includes the gathering of firewood
● Large grounds with flower beds, mature trees, vegetable garden, a spring fed stream and a small pond fed by the stream which can be retained or not according to the requirement of the new owner, as there is a plug at end which would allow the pond to drain if so desired
● The property is within walking distance of the centre of the village which has a village shop, a successfully owned gastropub, primary school and tennis club
● This is a unique and very beautiful location cut away from the hurly burly of today`s world and yet within very easy access of excellent amenities and large commercial centres
Summary of accommodation: Enclosed entrance porch, entrance lobby, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, laundry room, boot room, study, first floor; large landing, airing cupboards, four bedrooms, master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, family bathroom, fully fitted kitchen with quarry tiled flooring, double Bosch fitted electric oven, with top oven dual purpose microwave oven, AEG dishwasher, Myson Velaire oil fired boiler supplying central heating and domestic hot water, extensive range of high and low level pine panelled cupboards and drawers, stainless steel sink.
Gardens and grounds: The large grounds have flower beds, mature trees, a vegetable garden, a spring fed stream and a small pond. Three timber constructed garden stores, greenhouse, off street car parking. Gated access at the front of the property on the far left hand side of the garden with potential in this area for construction of garaging. Gardens extending to 0.7 acres
Note. The frontage to the property is owned by the property and is no longer part of Bucklebury Common.
Local facilities and schools: Bucklebury Common is one of the most sought-after locations in the area due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities include a village shop, church, primary school and pub with more comprehensive amenities being found further afield in Newbury and Reading. Pangbourne village is about 20 minutes` drive with its excellent selection of specialist shops. The area provides opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits. Access is good for nearby schools, including Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Downe House and it is within the catchment for Kennet Secondary School. There is good access to the M4 and A34, and mainline rail services to London are available at Thatcham.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed out of the village through Tidmarsh and over the motorway, turn first right in the direction of Bradfield. Proceed through the centre of Bradfield and Bradfield College until you come to a T junction with a war memorial on your left, turn right. Proceed along this road passing through Bradfield Southend, into the famous Avenue of Oaks, through the common, passing the Bladebone pub on your left until you reach Upper Bucklebury. Opposite Peach`s Garage turn right into Little Lane. Proceed down Little Lane turning left at the crossroads. There is a pair of 30 mile an hour signs. Proceed along this short lane there is a crossroads and there is a Turners Green sign and on the right a sign that says no through road, proceed down this road, passing some cottages on the right, bear round with the road to the left hand side and Eliezer Cottage will be found on the right hand side.
Services: Full oil fired central heating. Mains water, electricity, private drainage to treatment plant.
Post Code: RG7 6RE
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Council. Band F.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
E-mail: email@example.com London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.