- Rare opportunity to acquire a property with huge potential (subject to LAPP)
- Gardens & grounds extending to 0.29 acre (approx)
- Southerly aspect large gardens
- Detached property, set in a wonderful location
- Enjoying peace, seclusion and privacy
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village & train station 7 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 8 miles ● Thatcham train station 5 miles ● Heathrow 1 hour (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,215 sq ft / 113 m²
Gardens and grounds extending to 0.29 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A rare opportunity to acquire a very pretty 2 bedroom detached 1950s house, in a very beautiful, unspoilt peaceful and secluded location.
Very few properties set in this rural location are to be found with such huge potential, especially one with such potential for improvement and extension (subject to LAPP).
Sunnyside enjoys peace, seclusion and privacy, yet there are neighbours nearby, so no feeling of isolation. The interior and exterior of the property appear to be in good order and have been well-maintained.
The south facing gardens are large and very pretty, with well-maintained lawns, flower beds, and mature trees. There is a garden gate near the main entrance which is rarely used, giving access to a public footpath, connecting miles of very beautiful countryside.
• Sitting room has polished wood block flooring, a Parkray Chiltern solid fuel/wood burning stove to the sitting room, which also heats the central heating and hot water set on a raised granite hearth
• Kitchen includes a Hotpoint 2 oven free standing cooker with ceramic 4 ring hob, plumbing for washing machine, cupboards & drawers,
• Original tiled open fireplace to the dining room
• 2 double bedrooms with wonderful far-reaching views over the extensive gardens to the wooded hills in the distance
• Airing cupboard to the landing
• Large visitor car parking area and a concrete driveway leading to the rear of the house and the integral garage
• Large shower room with modern wet shower
• Windows throughout have been replaced with aluminium primary double glazed
Summary of accommodation: lobby to the front and rear, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms, shower room.
Gardens: Southerly aspect large gardens with lawns, flower beds, mature trees and overlooking an unspoilt wild flower meadow.
Rendered and tiled garden store, old tiled dog kennel, aluminium green house, loggia with sitting area. Rear gardens are approx. 68m in length, with gently sloping lawns. Integral brick constructed single garage with vehicle inspection pit and storage area over, power, light and door to cloakroom. Exterior tap and large car parking area.
Gardens and grounds extending to 0.29 acre
1. Parking area has a lease from Bucklebury Estate @ £50 per calendar month.
2. Concrete access drive from the track to the property is owned by Tiverton House. Sunnyside has a right of way and has to pay for the upkeep.
Local Facilities: This is an extremely sought-after location due to its rural, yet extremely convenient position. Local amenities in the villages of Upper Bucklebury and Cold Ash include village shops, church, primary school and highly regarded pubs, the Cottage Inn and the Spotted Dog. The village halls host many events throughout the year and there are tennis courts, tennis club, a BMX track, and children's playgrounds. The area provides endless opportunities for scenic walks and country pursuits.
Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pubs, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull Inn. There is a health centre 2 minutes away in Chapel Row.
The property is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading and London Paddington. It is a short drive to Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
Schools: There is a primary school at both Upper Bucklebury, Cold Ash and Bradfield. Within the catchment for Kennet secondary school catchment which is Ofsted rated Outstanding. Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School.
Directions: From Upper Bucklebury with The Cottage Inn (RG7 6QJ) on your right, follow the road, and when the road forks turn right into Burdens Heath. Turn right where it is signposted The Slade. Stay on the lane until you reach a junction signposted Tylers Lane, turn sharp left into Holly Lane. Follow this lane until you reach a number of reflective posts on the left bank, turn left into a gravel track, and park where it says Sunnyside visitor parking. Opposite, follow a concrete drive, pass a 5 bar gate signposted Tiverton House, and into the 4 bar gate entrance to Sunnyside.
Post Code: RG7 6TG
Services: Mains water, electricity. Uniquely for such a rural spot, this property is connected to a mains drain. Connection available to high speed Gigaclear. BT broadband connected.
EPC Rating: F
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.