Guide Price £1,450,000 - Available
Only seconds to the village centre, shops and station ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
3,288 sq ft / 302 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Gardens & grounds: 0.24 acres / 0.1 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid architect designed, 6 double bedroom family house, set in arguably the most sought after road within the very heart of the village.
The moment you walk in the front door you know that this is a very special, innovative house, designed with immense attention to detail. The property as a whole is light, bright, spacious and has the ‘wow` factor. 3 The Moors is a beautifully designed and interesting village house set in good sized gardens which enjoy the southerly sun. The property is in excellent order throughout.
The Moors is a no-through road within the heart of the village, only seconds walk from the shops, amenities and station, and is considered by many to have its own special cachet; a very desirable village location.
● The living accommodation is predominantly open plan but has clearly defined areas for the different reception area uses, plus a separate family room and a large study
● The bespoke kitchen has a range of high level and low level units, a Stoves range cooker with 7 ring gas hob, double oven, under grill and warming drawers, Miele stainless steel fridge/freezer, integrated wine cooler, the work surface is part laminate, part Silestone. There is a good sized breakfast area which seats 4, a spectacular dining area that looks up to the sky lantern and currently has an 8 seater table (available to purchase by separate negotiation if required), this dining table has extenders used at Christmas to seat 20 people which the room can easily accommodate
● Solid oak flooring to entrance hall, sitting / dining room
● The sitting room area has a wood burner
● The double aspect sitting/dining room has doors and windows both sides onto the gardens
● There are remote control electric blinds to the sitting room, high level breakfast area, bedroom 1 and glass landing to first floor
● The property is primary double glazed throughout with tinted glass giving reflective qualities and privacy
● There is a large utility room with a range of high and low level units, this room also has a 4 ring hob and a double oven, useful when entertaining for large parties, but also this end of the house could be used as separate annexe accommodation if required
● Bedroom 1 has a fabulous floor to ceiling internal glass window looking down to the kitchen/breakfast area and up to the sky lantern; this window has an electric privacy/ blackout blind, the exterior window has 2 electric blinds, 1 for privacy, and 1 for blackout.
Bedroom 1 also has a good sized walk in dressing room with light, power and heating
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, large sitting area, large dining area, kitchen/breakfast area, cloakroom, large utility room, large study with doors to the front and rear gardens, family room, inner hall, 6 double bedrooms, 2 family bathroom and 1 ensuite shower room.
Gardens and grounds: The property is accessed from The Moors through high close board panelled gates onto a gravelled driveway, which provides off-road parking for several cars, and there is an Indian York stone path and patio area leading to the front door. The front garden enjoys the southerly sun, has a large lawned area with children`s playing and swings and a tree house in one corner. To the rear there is a further good size lawn, with a very pretty summer dining terrace area with a covered canopy which can be opened and closed according to the sun or rain. Both front and rear gardens enjoy the southerly sunshine. The gardens to the front and rear and the summer dining area have exterior lighting.
One side of the house has a purpose built 4 bike racking system as well as a 12 foot large shed. There is a water irrigation system to the front and rear gardens supplied from two large tanks in the garden which collect natural rain water from the terraced roof, providing a free year round water supply.
Gardens & grounds extending to: 0.24 acres / 0.12 hectares (all measurements are approximate)
Local Facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon offer fast links to the City via Crossrail, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury`s and Fielders Farm Shop on the Englefield Road, the other side of Tidmarsh, are all within easy driving distance. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few.
Excellent schools: Located within easy reach of a number of fine schools, and within walking distance to Pangbourne College. Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. The highly regarded Pangbourne Primary School is within easy walking distance, and has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and left at the mini roundabout, at the next roundabout carry straight on but almost immediately turn left between WHSmiths and Forresters Hair Salon and this is The Moors, drive through the 2 pillars, and number 3 can be found a short distance down on the left hand side, entered by high, close panel wooden gates.
Post Code: RG8 7LP
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas. Gas fired central heating. Water softener. Alarm system.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter,
No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk, rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- 6 double bedrooms
- Away from main roads and train line
- Light, bright and spacious
- Front and rear gardens enjoying the southerly sunshine
- High ceilings
- Highly sought after location, arguably one of the best roads in Pangbourne
- Wow factor
- Annexe potential
- Only a few seconds level walk to the shops and amenities
- 0118 9842662
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.