- An attractive 4 bedroom Victorian semi det house
- New roof fitted in 2022
- Easy walking distance to schools, shops and station
- Large reception room, spacious bedrooms, high ceilings throughout
- Large shower room and family bathroom
- Backs onto the village playing fields/ meadows
- Walk to the childrens play area, tennis courts and bowling green
- Huge potential to extend (subject to LAPP)
- Garden gate to riverside meadows/playing fields behind the property
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Easy walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes' drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
1,837 sq ft / 170 m² (measurements approximate)
A very attractive semi-detached 4-bedroom Victorian house, with later additions. Ivy Villa is one of the largest houses in Thames Avenue, constructed on 3 floors. To the rear it backs onto and overlooks the playing fields and riverside meadows, and has a private gate at the end of the garden for easy access. The property is spacious, light and has high ceilings.
Set in one of the most popular roads in the heart of the village. Within easy level walking distance to station, shops, schools, and the River Thames, the property looks straight down Thames Avenue, and has an open aspect.
This is a very attractive Victorian property, which is spacious, with large windows giving lots of light, with high ceilings. This is an excellent family house.
In 2022, a new roof was fitted, with additional insulation to the 2nd floor rooms, and the chimneys repointed. There is lots of potential to extend the property to the side and rear to incorporate the existing lean to building, and kitchen/breakfast room to create a large kitchen/living room (subject to LAPP).
The sitting room is a very large and creates an impressive reception room, extending to some 31 feet in length and was originally two rooms. A steel support was, at great expense, invisibly embedded into the ceiling so that the dividing wall could be removed. This dividing wall could very simply and inexpensively be re-instated creating two rooms again if required, as two separate doors give access and both rooms would benefit from each having a beautiful art-deco fireplace.
Within easy walking distance to the village primary school, a fabulous selection of specialist shops, health centre, pubs, and restaurants. The station is a 5-minute walk and gives fast commuter links to London Paddington. The nearby playing fields and riverside meadows offer wonderful walks, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre for canoeing, kayaking, SUP tuition and a climbing wall. There is also plenty of on street parking in Thames Avenue.
• The huge potential to extend the property to the side and rear (subject to LAPP)
• The splendid and spacious reception room which can either remain as one room, or be reinstated to create two reception rooms
• The kitchen/breakfast room has plenty of storage space, a double electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
• Kitchen/breakfast room has French doors opening onto a terrace area in the rear garden for summer dining
• Spacious principal bedroom with fitted wardrobes and large bay window
• The existing shower room very easily could be made into an ensuite by simply putting in a door in the corridor access on the landing to bedroom 1, if required
• The shower room and bathroom have been refurbished to a high standard
• Principal bedroom bay window has been replaced with double glazed sash window units. Most of the remaining windows are UPVC
• Two of the bedrooms are very large, and bedroom 4 is often used as an office
• All The bedrooms have fitted wardrobes or storage
• Plenty of scope to add a garden office/studio (subject to the necessary consents)
Summary of accommodation: Entrance Hall, sitting room with dining area, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, shower room, lean to building.
Gardens; Front garden with side access, pretty rear garden with flowerbeds and lawned area, private gate giving direct access to the riverside meadows/playing fields.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington with the Elizabeth Line giving fast links to the City.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue and number 17, Ivy Villa will be found at the end of the road, facing you.
Post Code: RG8 7BY
Note. Some library photos used.
Local authority and Tax Band: West Berkshire Council, Band E
Services: Mains drainage, water, electricity, and full gas central heating.
EPC Rating: E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.