- No onward chain / vacant possession
- Easy walking distance to schools, shops and station
- Modern bathrooms
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
- Huge potential to extend (subject to LAPP)
- Large reception room, spacious bedrooms, high ceilings throughout
- Garden gate to riverside meadows/playing fields behind the property
Easy walking distance to station, shops and schools. Reading 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 10 minutes' drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
1,837 sq ft / 170 m²
A very attractive semi-detached 4 bedroom Victorian house located within the heart of this sought-after Thames Side village, on a popular no-through road.
Ivy Villa is one of the largest Victorian houses in Thames Avenue constructed on 3 floors. It looks straight down the Thames Avenue therefore has an open aspect and to the rear backs onto and overlooks the playing fields and riverside meadows. The property is spacious, light and has high ceilings.
The sitting room is a very large and beautiful reception room extending to some 31 feet in length and originally was two rooms. A steel support was, at great expense, invisibly embedded into the ceiling so that the dividing wall could be removed. This dividing wall could very simply and inexpensively be re-instated creating two rooms again if required, there are still two separate doors giving access and both rooms would benefit from both having a beautiful fireplace.
The sitting room is a very large, extending to some 31 feet in length, and originally was two rooms, with 2 fabulous art deco fireplaces. Two of the bedrooms are very large, and bedroom 4 is often used as an office.
Ivy Villa has lots of potential to extend the property to the side and rear to incorporate the existing garden room and kitchen/ breakfast room to create a large kitchen/ living room (subject to LAPP)
Easy level walking distance to the village primary school, a fabulous selection of specialist shops, health centre, pubs and restaurants. The station is a 5-minute walk and gives fast commuter links to London Paddington. The nearby playing fields and riverside meadows offer wonderful walks, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre for canoeing, kayaking, SUP tuition and a climbing wall. There is also plenty of on street parking in Thames Avenue.
• The huge potential to extend the property to the side and rear (subject to LAPP)
• The splendid and spacious reception room which can either remain as one room, or be reinstated to create two reception rooms, featuring two art deco fireplaces
• The kitchen/breakfast room has plenty of storage space, a double electric oven, new gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
• Kitchen/breakfast room has double French doors opening onto a terrace area in the rear garden for summer dining
• Spacious principal bedroom with fitted wardrobes and large bay window
• The existing shower room very easily could be made into an ensuite by simply putting in a door in the corridor access on the landing to bedroom 1, if required.
• Both the shower room and bathroom have been refurbished to a very high standard.
• Original sash windows have been renovated; the master bedroom bay window has been replaced with double glazed sash window units. Most of the remaining windows are UPVC with new UPVC double patio doors
Summary of accommodation: Entrance Hall, sitting room with dining area, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms (2 of which are very large), bedroom 4/office, family bathroom, separate shower room, garden room.
Gardens; Front garden with side access, pretty rear garden with flowerbeds and lawned area, shed, private gate giving direct access to the riverside meadows.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, and there are plenty of golf clubs nearby.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, with the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter, turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue and number 17, Ivy Villa will be found at the end of the road, facing you.
Post Code: RG8 7BY
Note. Some library photos used.
Local authority and Tax Band: West Berkshire Council, Band E
Services: Mains drainage, water, electricity and full gas central heating.
EPC Rating: E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.