- Detached two bedroom house
- In need of complete refurbishment
- Front and rear gardens
- Village centre position
- Potential to extend subject to planning
- Garage and driveway parking
Pangbourne village centre, 2 minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes' drive (all distances/timings are approximate)
1,124 sq ft / 105 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid residential investment opportunity. This property is a pretty 2 bedroom detached house, built in the 1960s from London old stock brick, under a tiled roof, in need of complete modernisation.
Situated on high ground and within easy walking distance of all the tremendous facilities Pangbourne village has to offer.
With scope for improvements to include the possibility of an extension to the left hand side where the attached garage is, subject to local authority planning permission and building regulations.
● Potential for modernisation and possible extension subject to LAPP
● Sitting room has direct access to the gardens with open fireplace and wood block flooring
● Good size kitchen/breakfast room with separate utility room
● Replacement windows with primary double glazing
Summary of accommodation:
Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, separate WC, attached single garage with up & over door and power. Gas fired boiler and central heating.
Gardens: To front and rear. Rear garden; 54' length x 40' width.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens are a lovely place for young families, with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Excellent schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn right and opposite the Bentley garage, turn left into St James Close, proceed up the hill, bearing to the right and number 31 is a short distance on the right.
Services: Main water, electricity, drainage and gas.
Post Code: RG8 7AP
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.