- A delightful 3 double bedroom oak framed cottage style house
- Shower room en suite, plus further bathroom with ensuite door to bedroom 3
- Designed some 11 years ago by the highly regarded Barn Partnership
- Principal bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and pretty views over the rear gardens and fields
- Pretty, landscaped gardens, garage
- Immaculate with beautiful natural oak throughout
- Wonderful views to the rear over meadows and woodland in the distance
- Good sized utility room
- Bradfield Southend has a fantastic village community
- Walk to primary school, village store, pub/ restaurant, village green with children's play area
Pangbourne 8 miles ● Reading 8 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● Theale train station 4 miles/8 mins drive ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,679 sq ft / 156 m² (all measurements are approximate)
No onward chain.
A delightful hidden gem in Bradfield Southend village; a detached 3 bedroom oak framed cottage style house.
Designed some 11 years ago by the well-known Barn Partnership, noted for their green oak buildings. Hidden amidst beautifully landscaped gardens set in a very peaceful, private and secluded location, well away from the highway, with wonderful views to the rear over the pretty gardens to adjoining meadows and woodland in the distance.
The interior of the property is immaculate with simple, tasteful decoration, with fabulous design and use of natural oak throughout. There is oak flooring in the reception/dining hall and sitting room, oak doors, and splendid oak bi-fold doors.
The village primary school, community run shop and post office and the village pub, The Queen's Head, are all within easy walking distance. The village shop is bounded by the village green with its play area for children and hosts a variety of annual events, including the May Day Fayre. The village cricket pavilion is within walking distance as is the highly regarded village primary school. This is a superb village with a fantastic community.
• Front entrance has an imposing large oak porch with substantial oak panelled door
• Sitting room is spacious and delightful with triple aspect views over front, rear and side gardens, with a fine centrally positioned open fireplace with oak beam across, slate hearth and fitted with a wood burning stove
• Kitchen/breakfast room has been fitted to a high standard, with plenty of oak working surfaces, cream painted cupboards and drawers, fitted dishwasher, fitted fridge, single electric oven, 4 ring ceramic hob, stainless steel chimney extractor
• Very high levels of insulation throughout, with zoned water underfloor central heating, a high-pressure water system and primary double glazing
• Flagstone tiled flooring to the kitchen and conservatory
• Oak bi-fold doors from the sitting room into the large oak conservatory, and from the conservatory into both the kitchen/breakfast room, and oak French doors into the rear garden
• Spacious utility room with door to exterior, plumbing for washing machine, and houses the oil-fired boiler
• Reception/dining hall is large, the oak staircase with balustrade and newel post, rises gracefully to the first floor to a galleried landing
• Principal bedroom enjoys a vaulted ceiling, pretty views over the rear gardens to the fields beyond, with a modern ensuite shower room
• Bedrooms 2 and 3 have a Jack and Jill access to the beautifully fitted family bathroom with antique style bath tub and shower
• There is a long driveway access owned by the property, with a garage and car parking
Summary of accommodation: Reception/dining hall, sitting room, cloakroom, conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 3 double bedrooms, ensuite shower to bedroom 1, family bathroom with ensuite door to bedroom 3.
Gardens: Both front and rear gardens have been planted with dedication and care by the late owner. To the rear there is a stone laid patio with raised deck seating area for summer dining and entertaining.
Garage. Log store. Garden lighting. Loggia. Ornamental fishpond. Summer house.
Local facilities: Bradfield Southend and Bradfield have a wonderful community. There is a community owned and run Village Store/Post Office, together with a cricket ground and a recreation ground situated behind. There is an excellent riding school, a village hall with all sorts of events and a children's play area, floodlit tennis courts and a tennis club. A fine health centre is a short drive along the Avenue of Oaks in Chapel Row.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sport complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar's farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section, fishmonger and café.
The M4 Junction 12 at Theale is within easy driving distance, as is M4 Junction 13. Reading and Newbury are equidistant and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops and a train station. There is easy access to bus services which run along the Bradfield Southend Road.
There are a number of very good pubs in the area; The Queen's Head village pub, The Bladebone at Bucklebury, The Old Boot Inn and The Bull in Stanford Dingley.
Schools: Walking distance to Bradfield C of E Primary School. Bradfield College and Pangbourne College are nearby, and Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Prep School, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Prep and Elstree School are all within easy driving distance.
Directions: With the village shop/post office (RG7 6EY) on your right, proceed along Southend Road for approximately 0.4 miles, passing Dupaul Garage services on the right, and you will find White Oaks on the right with a house sign saying Lynstead/White Oaks – follow the entrance drive past Lynstead up to the property.
Parking is currently limited, but additional parking/turning could be created if required.
Post Code: RG7 6ES
Services: Mains water & drainage, electricity, oil fired boiler providing warm water underfloor heating by New Heat to the whole house. Pressurised water system. Water softener.
Solar unvented hot water storage cylinder connected to the Velux solar panels. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.