- Fantastic riverside location with 63ft of river frontage and mooring
- Spectacular kitchen/breakfast/living room with bi-fold doors
- Wonderful views across the River Thames to wooded hills
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- 5 double bedrooms
- Refurbished and rebuilt with high energy efficiency
- Easy walk to Pangbourne village & station
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
2,371 sq ft / 220 m² 63ft/19m direct River Thames mooring (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid detached 5 bedroom character, modern riverside house. Situated within the heart of Pangbourne village with easy walking distance to shops, train station, schools and all the other wonderful amenities on offer.
Enjoying a spectacular location, directly overlooking the River Thames to Whitchurch Lock and across the water meadows to the wooded Chiltern Hills rising in the distance. The gardens lead down to the direct river frontage with deep water mooring of approximately 63ft.
River Walk has been the subject of an almost total reconstruction and refit of recent years and it is in first class order throughout.
● High energy efficiency rating, band B
● Spectacular kitchen/breakfast room with large living room area with bi-fold doors opening onto a decked terrace suitable for summer entertaining and also affording wonderful river views
● Cellar with staircase access
● Further bi-fold doors give access to first floor balconies from bedroom 1 and bedroom 3, with double French doors giving balcony access from bedroom 2; all enjoying splendid views of the river and to the wooded hills beyond
● First quality golden oak flooring throughout
● Kitchen area is fully fitted with an extensive range of high and low level cupboards and drawer units, American style fridge/freezer with ice and water dispenser, electric oven with hob and extractor over, wine racks, larder units, Bosch fitted dishwasher, wide working surfaces, under-mounted pair of stainless steel sink units with mixer tap, breakfast bar with cupboards and drawers under
● Fine quality double glazed windows throughout
● Top quality modern family and ensuite bathrooms
● Dressing room to bedroom 1
● A large study with bookshelves and cupboards, bi-fold doors onto the terrace and views across the river
● Family room with bi-fold doors
● The property has been re-plumbed and re-wired and has a Megaflo high pressure water system and gas-fired boiler
● Large reception hall
● Newly landscaped, block paving car parking area for a number of cars to the front of the property
● Solar panels to the roof
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, cloakroom, large utility room, spectacular kitchen/dining room with living area, family room with a hatch and staircase down to the cellar, large landing, 5 double bedrooms, large family bathroom, ensuite shower room, dressing room to bedroom 1, gas fired central heating, riverside gardens mainly laid to lawn, pair of garden stores, side access, raised riverside terrace, 63ft /19m of direct River Thames mooring.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, pet shop, cheese shop, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading with forthcoming Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Excellent schools: River Walk is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College has a school bus pick up nearby; Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls school in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School offers foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn right and proceed under the railway bridge passing The Swan public house and River Walk is the third house from the end , with car parking in front of the garages.
Post Code: RG8 7DU
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water, drainage
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.