- A splendid 4 bedroom detached country house set in a peaceful & beautiful location
- In first class order throughout, maintained inside and out to exacting standards
- Set in one of the most unspolit and sought after lanes in the area
- Large gardens to the front and rear
- Good sized rooms
- Fabulous kitchen/ breakfast/dining room
- Access to some wonderful footpaths and country walks.
- Excellent community shop at Bradfield Southend with Post Office
- High speed broadband connected
- 20 mins walk (approx) to 2 excellent pubs/ restaurants in Stanford Dingley along a pretty footpath
Pangbourne 5 miles ● Theale train station 4 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● M4 (Junc. 12) 5 miles
(all distances approximate)
2,497 sq ft / 232 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.34 acre/ 0.14 ha
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 4-bedroom detached country house, overlooking woodland to the front and rear, enjoying privacy, seclusion, and situated on a peaceful village lane. All around Tutts Clump there is access to some wonderful footpaths and country walks.
Amberlea Lodge has been the subject of considerable expenditure by the present owners, to include a side extension which forms the dining room with lantern roof light, a fabulous new fully-fitted kitchen, and the introduction of a wine store/boot room.
The property as a whole is in first class order, tastefully decorated and maintained to exacting standards both internally and externally. The accommodation flows well, is flexible, and has good ceiling heights throughout.
Tutts Clump has long been known as one of the most unspoilt and sought-after semi-rural residential hamlets within this part of the world. This is a pretty, and peaceful place to live, away from the hustle and bustle of modern day living, yet with amenities close by.
Just up the road in Bradfield Southend, there is a community owned Post Office and village store, a large recreation ground, cricket pitch, football pitches and children's play area. The village hall hosts all sorts of events, and there are floodlit tennis courts, and The popular Queens Head village pub. Easy walking distance to two well-known local pubs serving good food in Stanford Dingley; The Old Boot Inn and the Bull Inn.
• Spectacular kitchen/breakfast/dining room, beautifully fitted, re-designed and constructed for the present owners. Wide quartz working surfaces, fitted combi-microwave/oven, electric oven, dishwasher, 4 ring induction hob, Neff extractor, waste disposal unit. Underfloor central heating. The dining room area has an attractive dresser unit with glazed china and glass cupboards, and French doors opening onto the flagstone terrace for summer dining
• Superb oak framed garden room, glazed on three sides with a vaulted ceiling, exposed timber beams, and French doors giving access to the gardens
• Sitting room has a fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove, and walk through access into the garden room. Double aspect windows give views over the front and rear gardens
• Large reception hall with highly polished oak flooring
• Two double bedrooms on the ground floor, both with French doors opening onto the garden, with adjacent shower room
• Two good-sized double bedrooms to first floor with a Jack and Jill bathroom
• Wine store also doubles as a useful boot room
• Utility room has plumbing for washing machine/tumble dryer
• Both bathrooms have underfloor heating
• Raised and fielded oak panel doors throughout
• Primary double glazing throughout, with many windows having plantation shutters
• Boarded loft area
• Previous owners re roofed the property
• As suitable for a couple as it is for a family
• There is a Dorma window fitted to the roof above the car ports, which could, subject to local authority planning permission, be converted to create further accommodation. The car port ceiling could be lowered to allow this
• American fridge freezer available through separate negotiation
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, garden room, wine store, utility room, kitchen/breakfast/dining room, 4 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Double attached car ports. Large garden store.
Gardens: Set well back from the lane with well-maintained lawns, and attractive flowerbeds. The rear garden is south facing, with high hedges, and attractive hydrangea shrubbery across the rear. Flagstone terrace running width of the property. Plenty of car parking, double green oak car ports.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.34 acre/ 0.14 ha
Local facilities: Bradfield and Bradfield Southend have a wonderful community with a community run village store/Post Office, village hall hosting many events, and lots of recreational facilities such as floodlit tennis courts. For the equestrian there is an excellent riding school. The Queens Head pub serves traditional food, and further along the Avenue of Oaks in Chapel Row is the Gastropub; The Bladebone, the Blackbird Café and a health centre.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym, fitness centre and a 9-hole golf course. Bradfield College also has a famous Greek amphitheatre which hosts various ticketed performances during the course of the year. Vicar's farm shop is a short drive with its fine butchers, delicatessen, grocery section, and fishmonger.
Reading and Newbury are equidistance, and Pangbourne village is nearby with its tremendous selection of specialist shops, and train stations are available at Pangbourne and Theale.
Schools: Nearby there is Bradfield Primary School and Bradfield College. Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School are within easy driving distance.
Directions: With the Queens Head pub (RG7 6EY) on your left, pass Cock Lane on your left, and take the next left into Mariners Lane. Proceed down Mariners Lane, passing Bishops Road and take the next turning left, which is Rotten Row, passing the entrance to Bradfield Hall Farm. The property will be found on the left-hand side just before a sharp bend to the left.
Post Code: RG7 6LL
Services: Mains water and drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating. Underfloor heating to kitchen/breakfast/dining room and bathrooms. High speed broadband connected. Alarm.
EPC Rating: Band D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.