Guide Price £1,100,000 - Under Offer
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes` walk to shops & train station ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Heathrow 45 mins drive
(all distances/times are approximate)
2,373 sq ft / 220 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.3 acres / 0.12 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
In a fabulous location, a 4 bedroom detached house in excellent order throughout, set in a wonderful plot enjoying fine views over the rooftops of Pangbourne to the Chiltern Hills beyond.
Coppinger is set in perhaps one of the most important residential private roads in the heart of this period Thameside village and has tremendous potential for extension on both sides.
● The tremendous location with far reaching views to the rear with the Chiltern Hills rising in the distance
● The whole of the property is in first class decorative order
● Large kitchen/breakfast room with modern fully fitted kitchen, with built in microwave, dishwasher, electric double oven, 4 ring ceramic hob with extractor over, Corian twin bowl sink unit and working surfaces
● Sitting room features an open fireplace presently fitted with coal effect gas fire, double glazed sliding doors and large picture windows take advantage of the views over the garden and surrounding countryside
● Full primary double glazed replacement windows throughout
● Bedroom 1 has a balcony with access from sliding doors giving wonderful views over the rear garden to the Chiltern Hills in the distance
● Potential on both sides of the property for extension to the existing accommodation subject to local authority planning permission
● High quality modern bathroom and shower room; the family bathroom has a separate shower as well as a bath
● First floor study area
● Doors on both sides of the first floor to under eaves twin storage areas, and from bedroom 1 a very large walk in wardrobe. These areas could be the subject of extension subject to planning permission
● Large spectacular rear garden with high hedges giving privacy
● To the front there is a wide entrance from the private Riverview Road, which is a no through road, with parking for a number of cars and access to a double detached garage
● There is a footpath at one end of Riverview Road leading directly to the station
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, family room, utility room with door to greenhouse, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, study area, family bathroom, shower room to bedroom 2 on the ground floor. Outside there is a double garage with electrically operated roll back door.
Gardens and grounds: Front garden with wide entrance and high hedges giving seclusion from Riverview Road, shrubberies. Rear garden with wide side access, large terrace running the width of the property, summer dining and BBQ area, a lean to greenhouse. Large well-maintained lawns, shrubberies and flower beds, fruit trees and fine views.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.3 acres / 0.12 hectares
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsburys and Fielders Farm Shop on the Englefield Road, the other side of Tidmarsh, are all within easy driving distance.
Excellent schools: Coppinger is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village and within walking distance, which has foundation stage 1 and Pangbourne is also within the catchment area for Theale Green School (with school bus pick up in the village).
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, pass over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant Hotel on the right. Turn first right at St James the Less Church into Pangbourne Hill. A short distance along turn first right into Riverview Road. Proceed up Riverview Road and the property will be found oin the right behind a high laurel hedge.
Post Code: RG8 7AU
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage. Water softener. Security alarm. Solar hot water system. Automated drip irrigation system to front and back gardens.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Detached house prime village centre residential location.
- 2 bathrooms
- Spectacular rear gardens
- Walk to the village
- 4 bedrooms
- Spacious reception rooms with wonderful views
- Large rear terrace
- Double Garage and ample parking
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.