- Splendid, spacious Victorian house with detached annexe
- Fantastic hub of the house; kitchen/living/dining room
- Luxury new family bathroom and ensuite
- Refurbished of recent times
- 4 double bedrooms
- Secure, private gardens with off-road parking
- Heart of the village, easy walk to shops, primary school & station
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,954 sq ft / 181 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 4 bedroom attached Victorian house, with some more recent additions, in excellent order throughout, with many of the original period features retained.
Substantially constructed of traditional red clay bricks, under a tiled roof with a pretty bay window to the sitting room. The property has undergone tasteful modernisation and improvement of recent times. To the rear of the garden, with separate access, there is a detached (substantial) annexe.
64 Reading Road occupies a commanding position within the heart of the village on the corner of Horseshoe Road. Within very easy walking distance of all of the fantastic facilities including shops, pubs, station, primary school, restaurant, health centre and the River Thames.
Set in secure, spacious gardens enjoying a south-westerly sunny aspect, with high board fencing giving privacy and well-maintained lawns, shrubbery and herbaceous borders to both front and rear.
The detached annexe has two floors. On the ground floor there is a sitting room which could also be used as an office, with 2 sets of bi-fold doors fitted with sun blinds, opening onto the gardens, and a cloakroom. To the first floor there is a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower.
• Recently introduced, large bathroom to the first floor. Completely refitted with a super luxurious Victorian style copper bath tub by the Cast Iron Bath Company, and a large walk-in shower
• The kitchen/living room is the hub of the house, with French doors opening onto a large stone paved sun terrace and summer dining area. The living room area has an open fireplace and within the kitchen there is plenty of room for a large dining table
• The large kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with extensive range of cream painted cupboards and drawers, a fitted fridge/freezer, fitted dishwasher, Rangemaster with electric double oven, grill, 5 ring gas hob and Rangemaster extractor over
• Floor to sitting room and hall is in naturally stained and polished pine
• Sitting room has a lovely bay window, and a pretty stone constructed open fireplace fitted with wood burning stove
• Underfloor heating in both the guest ensuite shower room and the family bathroom
• Boot room/utility room has plumbing for washing machine and a range of cupboards, a stainless steel sink unit and doors which open to a covered area
• Accommodation in the main house is set over three floors, and is spacious
• Recently fitted double glazed sash windows
• Annexe has its own gas fired boiler for hot water and heating
Summary of accommodation:
Main House: Entrance hall, sitting room, living room, kitchen/breakfast room, boot room/utility room, cloakroom, 3 bedrooms to first and second floor, large family bathroom, ensuite shower room to bedroom 2.
Detached annexe: Ground floor sitting room/office, cloakroom. First floor double bedroom and ensuite bathroom.
Gardens: Rear garden enjoys a south-westerly aspect, and is approximately 38 metres long by 11 meters at its widest, to include the detached annexe. There is a large stone paved sun terrace. Spacious gardens with high board fencing enjoying lots of privacy, well maintained lawns, shrubbery and herbaceous borders to both front and rear. Brick constructed garden store attached to the annexe. Secure parking for 2 cars within the rear garden.
Gardens to the front have high hedges shielding the property to the road with well-maintained lawns.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will soon offer Crossrail links to the City.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Pass through the heart of the village, straight over the mini roundabout, looking for the second road named Horseshoe Road on your right (opposite the police station), turn right into Horseshoe Road and the property is on the right-hand corner.
Post Code: RG8 7JF
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage. Gas fired boilers to both main house and annexe. High speed fibre broadband (FTTC) connected. Water softener fitted.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.