- Late Victorian semi-detached cottage
- Upstairs bathroom
- Refitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Large sitting room with planked flooring
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- Wonderful unspoilt countryside views to front and rear
- 3 Double bedrooms
- Well maintained gardens laid to lawn
- Excellent potential for extension stpp
Pangbourne 5 minutes drive ● Goring 10 minutes drive ● Reading 8 miles (all distances/timings approximate)
1,210 sq ft / 112 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A charming rural 3 bedroom semi-detached late Victorian cottage, overlooking the most wonderful unspoilt countryside to both front and rear. The property has excellent potential for extension.
Oak Cottage West has undergone restoration and modernisation to a high standard of recent times. It is unusually spacious, light and bright with high ceilings. There is a large kitchen/dining room, and an unusually large sitting room with open fireplace, fitted with a Jetmaster wood burning stove.
Set on high ground at the top of a hill, the gardens are spacious and mainly laid to lawn with some marvellous views over natural countryside.
• Major reclamation works carried out in 2017 included; a new entrance hall, a utility room/cloakroom, soundproofing and replastering to the party wall, new kitchen, new oil-fired boiler, full restoration and modernisation of the septic tank.
• The flag stone patio, set on the west side is perfect for summer dining taking full advantage of the views and from the sun during the whole of the day
• The kitchen has been totally refitted with a range of low level cupboards and drawers with hardwood working surfaces, a fitted Stoves 4 ring double oven cooking unit, ceramic sink unit with mixer tap and a filtered pure water tap, built in dishwasher, Bosch fridge freezer, pretty dresser unit which acts as a larder cupboard with spice racks and drawers and a marble shelf on which it sits
• The kitchen has French doors which open onto the patio, with wonderful views over the countryside at all times of the year
• Utility room/cloakroom has hardwood working surfaces, ceramic sink, cupboards and a Bosch washing machine included.
• Water softener fitted.
• Large sitting room with planked flooring which has been stripped and polished and continues into the kitchen/dining room
• Windows are primary double glazed throughout
• Radiators are modern Victorian design in keeping with the period of the house
• Ceilings are all high
• The first floor has 3 double bedrooms, a dressing room and a large family bathroom
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, utility room/cloakroom, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, dressing room.
Gardens: Mainly laid to lawn to front and rear, large flags stoned patio to rear, garden store.
Parking spaces for two cars across the road, and it may be possible if desired to break into the bank of the front garden and form off street parking within the boundary of the property.
Local Facilities: The cottage is walking distance to the Hardwick Estate which has a livery yard for the equestrian enthusiast, an organic veg shop, allotments and events such as their pumpkin festival.
A 5 minute drive away is Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The Thames has fine riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: Oak Cottage West is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School (Ofsted Outstanding).
The property is located within easy driving distance of The Oratory, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House and Moulsford Prep School.
Directions: turn left, left again at the mini roundabout and left again at the mini roundabout at The George Hotel. Proceed over the River Thames toll bridge and along the High Street. Turn right opposite the art gallery into Hardwick Road. Proceed down Hardwick Road to the bend, follow the road to the left and proceed up the hill. You will eventually come to the cottage on the left hand side with the hardstanding for parking on the right.
Post Code: RG8 7RG
Services: Mains electricity, water, oil fired central heating, septic tank drainage, water softener.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.