- Attached period cottage
- Two bathrooms
- Part walled gardens
- Complete privacy
- Three double bedrooms
- Private road approach in the centre of Midgham Park
- Off road parking
Pangbourne 9 miles ● Newbury 6 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● Midgham station 2 miles
(all distances are approximate)
1,853 sq ft / 172 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.23 acre / 0.1 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 3 bedroom attached period cottage, Grade II listed, set within a sleepy rural location, in splendid order throughout, enjoying complete privacy, within the heart of the ancient Midgham Park.
The gardens are very pretty and partly walled, landscaped and maintained to the highest standards. The pretty drawing room has double arched large French doors opening onto a stone paved terrace, ideal for summer entertaining. This room has a pretty open fireplace with carved marble surround.
The kitchen/breakfast room is comprehensively fitted with an excellent range of high and low level units with 4 ring ceramic hob and stainless steel cooker hood over, Bosch double electric oven, Zanussi washing machine and space for a tumble dryer.
● The wonderful, very private and peaceful part walled gardens with magnificent wrought iron gates
● The approach by way of a private road through the centre of Midgham Park, in wonderful natural countryside
● Centrally positioned dining room/play room with access from kitchen and drawing room
● Spacious reception hall with polished terracotta flooring
● Modern central heating system with oil fired boiler
● Wide and graceful staircase rising to a spacious first floor landing which holds 3 sets of built in cupboards with double doors, plus an airing cupboard
● All the bedrooms overlook the pretty gardens to the front
● All the bedrooms are doubles, two with built in wardrobes, bedroom 1 with ensuite shower room
● Attractive boxed radiators to the ground floor
● Security system
● Wonderful walks
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, cloakroom, very large drawing room with French doors onto the gardens, dining room/play room, kitchen/breakfast room, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower to bedroom 1.
Gardens and grounds: The gardens are very pretty, partly walled, landscaped and maintained to the highest standards. There is a stone paved terrace, ideal for summer entertaining. There are 2 garden stores; 1 with electric heater, electric light and power,
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.23 acre / 0.1 hectare.
Local Facilities: Whilst Walnut Cottage enjoys rural seclusion, peace and tranquillity, it is still within easy driving distance of the thriving commercial centres of Newbury and Reading, both providing excellent shopping and leisure, therefore making it a very convenient place to live. The M4 is just a few miles away and provides easy vehicular access to London and the West Country. Midgham train station is approximately 2 miles away, which gives fast train connections to Reading and London Paddington. Just along the A4 is Thatcham, which boasts a fine selection of shops including a Waitrose.
Midgham has a village green and a village hall, and The Coach & Horses pub which serves excellent food. Woolhampton is only a short driving distance and has a village shop, The Rowbarge on the Kennet & Avon canal and The Angel Restaurant which has an excellent reputation. Other pubs and restaurants in the area include The Bladebone at Chapel Row, The Boot Inn at Stanford Dingley, The Royal Oak at Yattendon, and The Pot Kiln at Frilsham, with many serving a range of award winning real ales from West Berkshire Brewery. There is a wonderful sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. Bradfield College also has a 9 hole golf course and membership is available. This is fabulous riding country with lots of bridle paths.
Schools: The local area offers an excellent range of both private and state schools making it an ideal choice for families; these include primary schools in Woolhampton and St Finian`s in Cold Ash, Elstree, St Andrews, Marlston and Brockhurst and secondary schools at The Kennet, Downe House, Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Kendrick School for girls, and Reading School for boys.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed out of the village, passing over the M4 motorway and eventually arriving at the roundabout junction with the A4. Turn right onto the A4 towards Newbury, proceed along through Woolhampton.
Pass Highcroft Kennels on your right, and after 1/3 mile turn right through the original gates to Midgham Park recognised by the stone columns mounted by Eagles. Enter the private road through the heart of Midgham Park, drive down the wonderful long avenue of chestnut and beech trees, the driveway will twist and turn and just after a footpath on your right and the post and rail fencing, bear to the left at the ha-ha with the sign ‘Midgham House private` on your right. You will see several stone mushrooms on the right hand side and a high laurel hedge. At the T- junction turn right, past the sign for The Coach House and Walnut Cottage is a few yards on your right hand side, with a circular name plaque on the end of the wall. Pass through the entrance through a high red brick wall onto a concrete hard standing and parking area. Park here and the gardens to Walnut Cottage start at this entrance wall.
Post Code: RG7 5UG
Services: Mains water, septic tank, electricity and oil fired central heating.
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.