- Charming Victorian semi-detached house
- Views to the rear
- Three double bedrooms
- Garage and off road parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- Walking distance of the village/station
- Fantastic kitchen/living room
- En Suite and family bathroom
- Period features
Beautiful views. Level walk to shops and amenities. Station within a few minutes walk. Off road parking and garage.
M4 junction 12 at Theale 10/15 minutes.
1451 sq ft / 134 m² (approx.)
A charming Edwardian semi-detached house, built in 1906. Enjoying a fantastic position in Meadowside Road, and to the rear over pasture meadows to wooded hillsides in the distance. The property has been substantially extended, sympathetically restored and tastefully modernised over recent times, retaining all the best of the original period features with some fine additions. The surrounding woodland and meadows offering wonderful country walks and a beautiful area to walk dogs and children.
The property is within easy walking distance of the village centre, the station and shops.
Special features : * Pretty sitting room with its bay window, period open fireplace, varnished and polished timber flooring *
*There is an entrance porch which has an Edwardian style tiled floor, giving access to an attached garage with parking to front *
*Substantial oak planked door gives access to the reception hall with pretty staircase, winding to the first floor galleried landing with balustrade and handrail in pine
* Family room has kept the original stained and polished pine flooring, with a pretty period open fireplace *
* The doors throughout the property are in oak and there is a fantastic kitchen/living room with natural oak polished flooring throughout, a substantial kitchen area with high and low level white cupboard and drawer units, with a triple bowl stainless steel sink unit and built in AEG dishwasher, fitted Miele 5 ring glass gas hob unit with Stoves stainless steel extractor above and Stoves stainless steel double oven with grill below *
* There is a door into a very useful utility room with stable door to the exterior which also has a door to a modern cloakroom *
* The living room has a vaulted ceiling with twin glazed French doors giving access to the rear garden and sun terrace *
*Side door to the garage, with the garage having been fully plastered and also holding the gas fired boiler, supplying central heating and domestic hot water. This could become quite easily another room/ bedroom if someone so desired (Subject to pp/building regs) *
*This house is in superb order throughout. *
*There are sixteen solar panels in total, giving 4KW in electrical supply. There is a charge point in the porch area, for an electric car if required. *
*The first floor has 3 double bedrooms *
*Bedroom 1 is light, bright and has a large sash window enjoying views to the meadows *
*Bedroom 1 has a luxury en-suite with a double shower and twin basins *
Local Facilities: Level walking distance to Pangbourne`s shops and amenities (approx. 3/4 mins walk) Pangbourne has a fantastic selection of specialist shops, with an award winning butchers, cheese shop, library, first class health centre, dentist, organic food shop, riverside pubs, restaurants of all types, a vibrant thriving village although Meadowside Road is set away just off the centre, it`s a no through and very peaceful road therefore safe for all the family.
The station is within a few minutes walking distance - giving an intercity fast train service to London Paddington (Cross Rail scheduled at Reading) and Oxford the other direction. The M4 motorway Junction 12 at Theale is only approximately 10/15 minutes away, Sainsbury`s Hypermarket and Waitrose are both only 15 minutes away.
Schools: An excellent primary school in Pangbourne and a number of other schools in the locality including Pangbourne College, St Andrews Preparatory School, Bradfield College, The Oratory School and Cranford House which is within easy access as is Mouslford Boys School and a number of these school are either in walking distance or have school buses that pick up and put down from Pangbourne. Bradfield has a first class health and sports centre with wonderful open to the public membership, with indoor tennis courts, squash, fabulous indoor pool and fitness centre.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION: Large entrance porch, reception hall, sitting room, family room, kitchen with large living room area, utility room, cloakroom, three bedrooms, large master bedroom suite with wonderful views and an en-suite shower room. Separate family bathroom. Two of the bedrooms have Victorian style fireplaces.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS: The rear garden is south facing and has been landscaped with love and devotion, pretty herbaceous borders with natural stone laid terrace that continues round the side of the house to the yard and side access. Across the rear of the garden there is a vegetable area with a pair of raised beds, the boundary of the garden overlooks natural meadows leading down to the River Pang.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton and Daughter turn left, left again, at the mini roundabout, proceed through the centre of the village until you reach Horseshoe Road on your right hand side. Turn right, proceed down Horseshoe Road, turning right into Short Street. On reaching the T-junction, turn left – this is Meadowside Road, turn left again, park in the car parking area on the right and number 2 will be found at the end of the road, before the sharp left hand band with a gravel drive to one side.
SERVICES: Mains gas, water, electricity and drainage. There are sixteen solar panels in total, giving 4KW in electrical supply. There is a charge point in the porch area, for an electric car if required.
POST CODE: RG8 7NQ
LOCAL AUTHORITY: West Berkshire County Council
Council Tax: D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Fax: 0118 984 5490
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.