- A pretty late Victorian 3 bedroom house set on a peaceful no through lane
- Excellent order throughout
- Superb kitchen/ dining area with central island
- Beautiful sitting room with wood burning stove
- Study area
- French doors from the kitchen onto the rear garden
- Utility room and separate WC
- Off road car parking and a single garage
- Walk to pretty walks, pub, village green and childrens play area
- Englefield Primary School catchment (highly sought after)
Walking distance to the village green with its children's play area, the village pub The Greyhound, which is a pretty thatched building offering a restaurant and outside seating area, and the ancient church of St Laurence.
• Spectacular kitchen/living room is divided into a kitchen, a large dining area, sitting room and study area, with naturally polished oak flooring
• Main kitchen area is fully equipped with wide polished hardwood working surfaces, Rangemaster cooking range with double oven, grill, 5 ring induction hob, a fitted dishwasher, fitted fridge and freezer. The central island doubles as a breakfast bar, and French doors open onto the rear garden with flagstone terrace
• Sitting area has a pretty fireplace with a wood burning stove
• Utility room is in first class order with a range of cupboard units, polished hardwood worksurfaces and butlers sink. The large airing cupboard also houses the boiler
• Reception hall has polished hardwood parquet flooring
• There are two double bedrooms, and a third bedroom which would take a small double bed
• Bathroom refitted to a high standard with a half-panelled wall, shower over the bath and large window
• New septic tank, and oil tank recently replaced
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, utility room, cloakroom, kitchen/living/dining room with study area, 3 bedrooms, bathroom.
Gardens: To the rear, a spacious garden store, well-maintained lawn, flower borders to both sides and a fruit tree. Lime stone flagstone paved terrace. High, close boarded fenced for security all the way around. Pedestrian access to the side and easy access to the single garage which is owned by the property. Car parking for a single large car, or two small cars to the front.
Local facilities: Tidmarsh has a nice village pub; The Greyhound, and is situated very close to the neighbouring villages of Pangbourne and Theale. Nearby Englefield has a lovely village garden centre incorporating a village store and cafe, there is also a cricket team, a social club and church.
Nearby Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, a supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading.
Schools: Tidmarsh is within easy reach of the sought-after Englefield Primary School. St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left passing The Elephant hotel, proceed into Tidmarsh and past The Greyhound public house on the left, village green on the right, opposite the church on the left Manor Farm Lane will be found on the right, the property is along on the left-hand side, before the turning into the garage blocks.
Post Code: RG8 8EY
Services: Mains water, shared septic tank drainage, electricity, oil fired CH. Pressurised water system. Water softener. High speed broadband connected (Gigaclear).
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.