Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station * Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes * Reading 6 miles * M4 (junc 12) 10-minute drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
The property has been the subject of a thorough and tasteful refurbishment, extension and modernisation programme with an attention to detail which is almost impossible to find.
There is off street car parking to the side and front of the property.
* The marvellous kitchen/living room with walk-through access to a spacious dining room with bay window and open fire
* The living room area has bi-fold doors giving access to the paved terrace and the beautiful rear gardens with lawns, flowerbeds, summer house and high hedges giving privacy, there is also a secluded sitting area with decking and a garden tool store
* Tremendous thought and care have been taken to create a proper flow of accommodation and the kitchen is no exception with its golden oak plank flooring which extends into the living room and dining areas
* The kitchen is fully fitted with an extensive range of modern white cupboards and drawer units, a 5 ring induction hob, quartz working surfaces, twin undermounted stainless steel bowls with swan necked mixer tap, a pair of Neff ovens at high level with pull out heating drawer, fitted pantry unit, fitted fridge/freezer, second fitted fridge, fitted Neff dishwasher, door to utility room and windows directly overlooking the garden
* Very pretty sitting room with naturally polished and stained pine flooring and Victorian style open fireplace with mantle and a bay window overlooking the front garden
* The reception hall has golden oak planked flooring with a useful under stairs cupboard
* Bedroom 1 has large sash windows overlooking the rear gardens with pretty views, a modern ensuite fully tiled shower room and dressing area
* Modern family bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower
* The landing is pretty with a sash window overlooking the front gardens
* Front gardens are entered by way of a herringbone Victorian style terracotta tiled path with beech hedging screening from the road, a well-maintained lawns and herbaceous borders, to the right side is a gravel driveway for car parking
* All the windows have been replaced with primary double-glazing
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen and living room, utility room, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, ensuite shower to bedroom 1, family bathroom, garden tool store, full gas-fired central heating with boiler also supplying domestic hot water. Off-street car parking.
Gardens: The front gardens have beech hedging offering screening from the road, well maintained lawns and herbaceous borders, to the right side is a gravel driveway for off-street car parking. The beautiful rear gardens with well-maintained lawns, flowerbeds, high hedges giving seclusion, a paved summer dining area and summer house with a rear secluded sitting area with decking and a garden tool store.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, bread shop, cheese shop, Organic shop, butchers, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton and Daughter turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout at The George Hotel and at the Londis convenience store turn right into Horseshoe Road, proceed round the horseshoe of the road, passing the fire station, and the property, number 57, will be found on the left-hand side, just after the church on the right.
Post Code: RG8 7JH
Services: mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.