- Detached early Edwardian village house
- 4 double bedrooms
- Stripped pine flooring to ground floor
- Private rear gardens
- Within the heart of the village
- 2 bathrooms
- Desirable off road parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
Within the heart of the village, walking distance to schools, shops, amenities and train station ● Train journey to London Paddington just 47 minutes ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 10 minute drive (all distances and timings are approximate)
1,925 sq ft / 179 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid detached 4 bedroom early Edwardian house set in one of the most sought after roads within the heart of this beautiful riverside village.
The property offers spacious family accommodation in pretty private gardens with off street parking.
Many of the original features have been retained by the present owners with attractive stripped pine flooring throughout the large reception hall into the sitting room, dining room and breakfast room. Typical of the period, the house was constructed with a second floor with a graceful staircase leading to a first floor landing and then onwards to the second floor.
French doors open out from the dining room onto a stone paved sun terrace to the rear with gardens, long and well maintained lawns, high shrubberies, hedges and trees giving privacy.
● Set within the heart of Pangbourne village
● Plenty of off road parking
● Easy walking distance to Pangbourne primary school
● Original open fireplaces in both sitting room and dining room
● Well fitted kitchen with a good selection of high and low level cream painted panelled cupboard and drawer units, wide working surfaces fitted ceramic sink unit with mixer taps, fitted dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, fitted fridge/freezer
● Pretty pine balustrade running from the ground floor to the second floor
● 4 double bedrooms
● Lots of fitted wardrobes in bedroom 1
● Fitted wardrobes and fitted shelves in bedroom 2
● Pretty wooded views to the rear
● Timber garden store, side access and storage
● Ensuite shower room to bedroom 1
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, cloakroom, sitting room, dining room, breakfast room (currently used as a music room), kitchen, 4 double bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite to bedroom 1, plenty of off-road parking.
Gardens: Pretty front garden with lawn to the side of a gravel parking area, rear garden approx. 67ft/20m in length, with a stone terrace for summer dining, well maintained lawns, high hedges and trees giving privacy.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows, children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing and climbing instruction. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland. Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is close by and offers foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton and Daughter turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. Proceed over the next mini roundabout at The George Hotel and after the police station on your left, turn right into Horseshoe Road. The property will be found a short way up on the left hand side with a bright blue door and large gravel parking area.
Post Code: RG8 7JL
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas, drainage
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band F
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.