- Victorian semi-detached cottage
- Two double bedrooms
- Large refitted shower room
- Pretty cottage gardens to front and rear
- Walk to Pangbourne village and station
- Valuably unlisted
- Refitted kitchen
- Spacious sitting room with walk through access to dining room
- Excellent decorative order and re-wired throughout.
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes' walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances approximate)
748 sq ft / 70 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Price Guide £455,000
A charming semi-detached 2 bedroom Victorian cottage, dating back to 1852, and valuably unlisted.
Situated within the heart of one of the most sought-after Thameside villages in this part of the world. The property has recently undergone a total refit and tasteful redecoration to high standards.
Whitchurch-on-Thames has long been noted as one of the most exclusive and sought after Thames villages and Little Cottage is within easy level walking distance of the River Thames, the excellent Whitchurch-on-Thames Primary School, two village pubs; The Greyhound and the Ferryboat, the latter of which has a restaurant, as well as Pangbourne station for fast commuter train links to Reading and Paddington.
There are pretty gardens to both the front and rear, with the front garden having an area of hard standing for a small car for off street parking and there is further on street parking across the road. The rear garden is very pretty and secluded, laid to lawn with pretty flower beds, shrubberies and a Victorian brick constructed tool store.
● The cottage is in easy walking distance of the centre of Pangbourne village with all its fantastic specialist shops, restaurants and riverside pubs
● The high ceilings throughout, this is a light and bright cottage with good decorative condition
● Spacious light sitting room with walk-through access to the dining room
● Recently refitted kitchen with 4 ring ceramic Bosch hob with Bosch electric oven under, plumbing for washing machine, ceramic butlers sink surrounded by a hardwood work surface, ceramic tiled flooring, Bosch wall mounted microwave, door to the rear garden
● The large shower room has recently been totally refitted to a high standard with a wet shower area, fully ceramic tiled walls and a ladder rack stainless steel towel rail
● Pretty cottage gardens to front and rear enjoying the sun
● Two double bedrooms to the first floor, one with built in wardrobes
● The property has been re-wired
● Alcove to second bedroom has been wall papered with original 1970s Laura Ashely wallpaper, found unopened within the property
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room with walk through access to dining room, cloaks cupboard, kitchen, large modern shower room, 2 double bedrooms.
Gardens: The rear garden is very pretty and secluded, laid to lawn with pretty flower beds, shrubberies and a Victorian brick constructed tool store which was originally the outhouse / toilet. The pretty front garden also has an area of hard standing for a small car for off street parking.
Local Facilities: Little Cottage is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, restaurants and riverside pubs. The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has two fine character pubs in The Greyhound and Ferryboat, both serving food. Just a few minutes' walk from the cottage is beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths and bridle paths.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School itself has an outstanding record.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, cross over the River Thames toll bridge and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, pass the Greyhound Inn on your right and Little Cottage will be found a short way up on your right.
Post Code: RG8 7ET
Services: Mains electricity, water, drainage, gas fired central heating & hot water.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.