- Charming period cottage
- Within easy walking distance of pubs, shops & amenities
- Very pretty and private garden
- Two bedrooms
- Conservatory overlooking the rear garden
- Useful attached store, could be converted to an office
- Sought-after riverside village
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes' walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances and timings are approximate)
753 sq ft / 78 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A charming attached 2 bedroom period cottage set within the heart of this sought-after village. Within easy level walking distance of the river Thames and across the bridge, Pangbourne, with its wonderful shops and amenities.
Ford Cottage is Grade II listed, constructed in the early 18th century and appears to be in good order throughout, with tasteful decoration to the interior. Unusual for a property of this period, the ceilings are high.
The sunny front and rear gardens are very private with high hedges giving seclusion.
• There is a garden store attached to the building which could be improved to become a study or even ancillary accommodation. This garden store has power and lighting and houses the gas fired boiler
• The sitting room has walkthrough access to the dining room, and has a fine open Inglenook fireplace on a brick hearth with canopy over, presently fitted with a gas fuelled wood burning stove
• The kitchen includes a range of pine cupboards and drawers, terracotta tiled flooring, Zanussi cooking unit with electric fan oven and four ring gas hob, fitted Zanussi dishwasher and fridge
• 4 steps lead down from the inner hall to a cellar/utility room with plumbing for washing machine
• Conservatory is of modern design with terracotta tiled flooring, primary double glazing, with French doors opening onto the rear patio garden
• Bathroom is neat and tidy with an antiques style mixer taps to bath with shower attachment
• Principal bedroom has large built-in wardrobes and a spacious under eaves storage area
• Half landing giving access to bathroom with shower
Summary of accommodation: entrance porch, curtained entrance lobby, sitting room, dining area, inner hall, kitchen, cellar/utility, bathroom, 2 bedrooms, conservatory, attached garden store.
Gardens: Rear garden is very private and a natural sun trap, and measures approx. 12 m deep x 12 m wide to include the conservatory and garden store. There is a stone laid patio area suitable for summer dining, surrounded by flowering shrubs and ornamental trees, and an attached garden store. The parking is on-street to the front.
Local Facilities: Ford Cottage is within easy walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, restaurants and riverside pubs. The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction. Whitchurch-on-Thames also has two fine pubs; The Greyhound & Ferryboat, both serving food. Just a few minutes' walk from the cottage is beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths and bridle paths.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School which has an outstanding record. Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: Cross over the River Thames toll bridge from Pangbourne, and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, past both the Ferryboat Inn & the Greyhound Inn on your right, on your left, pass Mallards and Ford Cottage is the next property on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7EP
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas, drainage. High speed broadband available.
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.