- Within only a few minutes easy walk to Pangbourne's shops and amenities
- Superb River Thames Views to the rear and rolling Countryside to the front
- Flexible accommodation - 2/3 bedrooms
- Double length, single width garage, most apartments only have a single length garage
- Lockable store room/ workshop
- Residents parking
- Walk to station station to London or Oxford - 2 mins walk
- Great lock up and go
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
915 sq ft / 85 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
This apartment would benefit from some modernisation and improvement, and would represent an excellent investment for both an owner/occupier and for rental.
Hartslock Court is within a few minutes easy walking distance of the village centre with all its fantastic shopping facilities, pubs, restaurants, and the train station with fast trains to London (Paddington)
• Spectacular views on both sides of the property, with primary double glazed, floor to ceiling windows in the sitting room, dining room and both bedrooms, giving masses of light
• Property as a whole is well cared for
• Kitchen/breakfast room is fully fitted, with plenty of storage, free standing fridge and separate freezer, Bosch washing machine, fitted double electric oven with ceramic 4 ring electric hob
• High security, great lock up and go
• Bedrooms have fitted wardrobes
• Bedroom 3/dining room
• Lockable storeroom/workshop (possible utility room) with light and power, accessed from the exterior landing
• Zoned underfloor central heating throughout
• Lockable single garage owned by the property
• Some residents have removed the wall between the shower room and WC to create a larger bathroom
• Some residents have taken part of the wall between the kitchen and sitting room out so that the kitchen looks through to the sitting room but still retains a work surface and storage below the opening (subject to normal building regs/ consents)
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, sitting room, 2 bedrooms, 3rd bedroom/dining room, bathroom room, separate WC, kitchen, airing cupboard with storage.
Outside: Single tandem garage in separate block (most apartments at Hartslock Court only have a single length garage) , very useful lockable storeroom adjacent to the apartment with electricity. Off road parking for visitors. Well-maintained communal gardens.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs, and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a mile up the road, near to Basildon Park, a National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Schools: Within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne Primary School, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter proceed under the railway bridge passing The Swan pub on your right and opposite the rowing club, turn left into Hartslock Court and the flats will be on your right. Park in the visitor parking area.
Post Code: RG8 7BJ
Tenure: Leasehold with share of Freehold
The leaseholders of Hartslock Court own the freehold title to the development, held ‘in common' owned by Hartslock Court Limited, each vendor/ owner of each flat/ apartment owns a part of the Freehold (1/45 th share).
These charges include the cost of upkeep and maintenance of the gardens and communal areas including halls and stairways, exterior window cleaning, buildings insurance and a sum towards a ‘sinking fund' which is set aside for further expenditure on major items.
A maintenance charge is payable by each apartment and currently the annual sum amounts to £1,600, which is paid half yearly.
Annual Service charge reviewed in May annually for subsequent bi annual payments in June & December of each year.
Years remaining on lease: 975 years.
Should you proceed with the purchase of the property these details must be verified by a solicitor.
Services: Mains water, drainage, and electricity.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Council tax band E.
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.