- A splendid 2 double bedroom penthouse apartment with private roof terrace
- Wonderful views
- Off road parking
- Highly desirable Thame side village
- Walk to pubs, restaurants, station to London or Oxford, shops & amenities in Pangbourne
- Very rare to aquire an apartment with its own direct outside space/ terrace
- En suite and main bath room
- Cellar storage
- Handsome Edwardian building
Walking distance to Pangbourne shops, amenities and station ● Walk to local pubs ● Reading 6 miles
(all distances approximate)
797 sq ft / 74 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 2 bedroom penthouse apartment with roof garden, part of a sympathetically converted Edwardian house, set within the heart of this famous Thames side village.
The Mount is set on high ground, and number 6 enjoys splendid views across the Thames valley, across to the Chiltern hills. Uniquely, this apartment does not have a party wall with any other apartment minimising noise issues.
Fitted to a high specification throughout, the apartment is light with lots of windows, with high ceilings and is very secure. Situated within easy walking distance of two fine village pubs, the primary school, River Thames, and Pangbourne centre with its train, specialist shops, and amenities.
• The very special roof garden has scenic far-reaching views and is a wonderful place for entertaining and summer dining. This roof garden is accessed directly from the hallway of 6 The Mount and is not a communal are and as such is for the sole use of 6 The Mount
• Ensuite shower room to bedroom 2 and a bathroom for bedroom 1
• Property is in good decorative condition throughout
• Primary double - glazed windows introduced throughout
• Fitted kitchen - Fisher & Paykel double door fridge with deep freezer drawer, 4 ring gas hob, extractor, electric oven, dishwasher and washing machine/condenser dryer, wide working surfaces, stainless steel sink and drainer unit with window over giving fabulous views. Ceramic tiled flooring
• Sitting room with dining area is light and bright, with large windows giving splendid views over the tree tops and rooftops of Whitchurch, to the Chilterns Hills in the distance.
• Two double bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes
• Large private car parking area, with an allocation of two parking spaces
• Roof garden has electric lighting and water tap
• Large eaves storage for exclusive use of flat 6, and further basement storage shared by all residents
• Secure property entrance monitored by 24 hour CCTV
Summary of accommodation: Private hallway, good sized sitting room with dining area, kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, ensuite shower room, large store room, shared cellar/ storage.
Secure main entrance to the large baronial communal hall, with Videx telecom to the front door with door opening facility.
Local facilities: The Mount is within easy walking distance of the village pub; The Greyhound, beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths, bridle paths and the Thames Path.
Pangbourne is a few minutes' walk, with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs.
Pangbourne train station gives fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford.
The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing, SUP, and climbing instruction.
Schools: Whitchurch village primary school which has an outstanding record is a 5 minute walk. The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote.
Within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, left again at the mini roundabout and left again at the mini roundabout at The George Hotel. Proceed over the River Thames toll bridge and along the High Street. Turn right opposite the art gallery into Hardwick Road. Turn first right and this is the parking area for The Mount.
Post Code: RG8 7HW
Tenure: Leasehold of 999 years with 997 years remaining.
The freehold of The Mount is owned by the Mount Management Whitchurch Limited. All leaseholders within The Mount automatically become Directors of this company; each owns a share in the Management Company and therefore becomes part owner of the freehold. The Management Company, therefore, is controlled by the flat owners, as are all servicing arrangements. Service charges are £135 per month.
This service charge covers buildings insurance, the cleaning of the interior hallway, staircases, windows, etc, maintenance of communal lighting and heating to the hallway, cost of electricity and general management expenses; also includes any roof repairs, the contract garden maintenance service which looks after all of the gravelled area of the car parking, flower beds and seasonal planting.
Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage, gas fired boiler, satellite connection, high speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band C
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.