- 18th Century semi-detached cottage
- Modern fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Family bathroom and ensuite shower room
- Detached timber studio and large tool shed
- Modern air source heat pump providing heating and hot water
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sitting room with original open log fire/bread oven currently with wood burning stove
- High ceilings, quarry tiled floors,period features
- Mature well planted gardens
- Off-street parking for 2 cars
Pangbourne village & train station 8 miles ● Reading 13 miles ● Newbury 9 miles ● Thatcham train station 8 miles ● M4 (jct 12) ● M4 (jct 13) ● Heathrow 1 hour (all distances and timings approximate)
1,342 sq ft / 125 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 3 bedroom semi-detached 18th century cottage, valuably unlisted and set in very pretty gardens.
1 Forge Cottages has been the subject of much expenditure of recent times, creating a tastefully decorated and beautifully restored cottage, with high ceilings.
The property is deceptively spacious. The dining area can seat 8, the sitting room has an original open log fire with bread oven presently fitted with a wood burning stove, with oak mantle over. The main bedroom is a very pretty room with high ceilings and a high-level beam, with a high-quality modern ensuite shower room.
The rear garden has been flag stoned with twin arches to an attractive tool store and workshop. There is a detached timber constructed studio building, part used as a single bedroom area, the other for storage. There are rockery planted gardens with wisteria, roses, bay, lilac and honeysuckle, and a curving staircase reaching up to a high level sun flagstone terrace and further gardens.
1 Forge Hill Cottages is within walking distance of the sought after and highly rated primary school, church, village community shop, café, hairdressers and the public house. There is a large village hall with excellent facilities, looking out over a football field, a cricket pitch and children`s play area. Hampstead Norreys is noted for its lively village pub, The White Hart, serving good food.
Renewable Heat Incentive – the new vendor of 1 Forge Cottages will receive a payment of £230.78 a quarter (currently). This will continue until 4th May 2022.
The running of 1 Forge Cottage is very economical – the mains electricity supplies energy to the air source heat pump which provides the heating and the hot water – the electricity bill for 1 Forge Cottage is currently circa £100 per month.
● The very pretty terrace gardens to the rear with large flagstone courtyard immediately accessed from the cottage
● The spacious fitted kitchen/breakfast room with walk-through access to the dining room which can seat 8, and access to the utility room/study area
● The modern fully-fitted kitchen with hardwood worksurfaces, a central island breakfast bar fitted with excellent range of stainless steel fronted drawers, lots of high and low level cupboard units, Rangemaster with 5 ring induction hob, double ovens and grill, fitted pantry cupboards, fitted fridge and freezer, fitted dishwasher, door to the rear courtyard gardens
● Pretty sitting room with original open log fire, bread oven and the original doors showing to one side and presently fitted with a wood burning stove, with oak mantle over and high ceiling
● The wonderful curved oak panelled staircase rises gracefully to the first floor, with oak newel posts surmounted by carved oak acorns, a superb example of bespoke craftsmen joinery
● Modern well-fitted cloakroom, family bathroom, and ensuite shower room
● Off street car parking for 2 cars
● Quarry tiled reception hall
● First floor landing has an oak gallery which looks down into the reception hall with windows on ground and first floor levels and an exposed high-level period beam, the first floor has oak flooring throughout
● All bedrooms have high ceilings
● Modern air source heat pump provides underfloor heating to downstairs, radiators upstairs and there is air conditioning throughout
Summary of accommodation:
Reception hall, cloakroom, sitting room with open log fire fitted with wood burning stove, dining area, kitchen/breakfast room, utility/study, 3 bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room, family bathroom.
Outside; detached studio fully renovated presently used as overspill single bedroom accommodation and storage. Large tool store.
To the front there are 2 off-street parking spaces, one under a mesh reinforcement.
Gardens: Pretty gardens to front and rear. The rear garden has been flag stoned with twin arches to a large tool store and workshop area. On the left-hand side there is a detached timber constructed studio, part used as a single bedroom area, the other for storage, rockery planted gardens, steps reaching up to a high-level flagstone sun terrace and further gardens.
Hampstead Norreys is a small picturesque village in an area of outstanding natural beauty amidst the lovely Berkshire Downs.
The property is within walking distance of the excellent village community shop and café, hairdressers and the public house. There is a large village hall with excellent facilities, looking out over a football field, a cricket pitch and children`s play area.
Hampstead Norreys is positioned with convenient road links to the A34, M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour`s drive. There is a choice of train stations within easy reach: Goring, Didcot, Pangbourne, Thatcham and Theale. It is a short drive from the market town of Newbury with its excellent shopping centre, leisure facilities and the well-known Newbury Racecourse. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak, an excellent post office and village store.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 10 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists and hairdressers.
Schools: The property is within the catchment area for the highly sought after The Downs School at Compton and within walking distance of the highly regarded Hampstead Norreys C of E Primary. Within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel`s Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Directions. Upon arriving at Hampstead Norreys, with the White Hart pub on your left, proceed up Forge Hill a short distance and the property will be found on your left.
Post Code: RG18 0TE
Services: Mains water, electricity (the electricity supplies the air source heat pump - average monthly electricity spend circa £100 per month), drainage, modern air source heat pump supplying central heating and domestic hot water.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire. Band D
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.