- A stunning 5 bedroom house set in good sized gardens
- In superb condition throughout
- Walk to train station
- Just off the highly sought after Elsley Road
- Overlooking woodland
- Superb large kitchen/ breakfast/ dining room with bi fold doors
- 2,540 sq ft / 236 sq m
- Sitting room with wood burner
- High levels of insulation with primary double-glazed windows
- Wonderful oak joinery throughout
Tilehurst station 5 minutes' walk ● Reading 3 miles ● Pangbourne village 3 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 6 miles (all distances and timings are approximate)
2,540 sq ft / 236 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive 5 bedroom detached modern family house, enjoying an important corner position at the end of this pretty tree lined close. Situated just off Elsley Road, only minutes' walk from Tilehurst train station, with easy access to Waitrose, and close to the many shopping facilities and schools nearby.
This is well known as one of the prettiest and most sought-after areas in Tilehurst with its attractive mix of period and modern houses.
Built in the 1980s, the house has been updated consistently by the present owners and is in beautiful order throughout. Situated in a corner location, the property enjoys a generous size plot with large lawns overlooking an adjacent woodland area, and to the rear, a wide sun terrace for summer dining, which has access from both the kitchen/dining room and the sitting room.
• The kitchen/dining room is the hub of the house. Unusually spacious and light with bi-fold doors opening onto the rear gardens. Well-fitted with a comprehensive range of cupboards and drawers, central island also used as a breakfast bar with sink, fitted dishwasher, oak worksurfaces, central Rangemaster 5 ring gas hob, two ovens and grill, extractor over
• Large area which might easily take a table to seat 8-10 people if required. Large pantry with sliding oak door. Spacious well fitted utility room with plumbing for washing machine and butlers sink
• Large family room which has a separate entrance from the exterior and might be used as an annexe if required, bi-fold doors opening onto the terrace, and double aspect views over front and rear garden
• Sitting room has been fitted with a wood burning stove
• Reception hall is light and spacious
• Graceful staircase climbs to a galleried landing
• Bedroom 1 has a large ensuite with shower and an adjacent door giving access to a large fitted dressing room, originally designed as a single bedroom
• 4 double bedrooms, plus single bedroom/dressing room
• Luxuriously appointed family bathroom
• Oak joinery throughout the property
• High levels of insulation with primary double-glazed windows
• Single garage attached to one side with electrically operated roll up door
• Current owner commutes to London Liverpool Street in an hour
• The house is in the sought-after Denefield School catchment
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, family room, cloakroom, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, bedroom 5 (presently used as a dressing room), family bathroom, ensuite to bedroom 1. Single attached garage.
Gardens: Large rear garden, mainly laid to lawn. Wide sun terrace with access from sitting room, kitchen/dining room and the family room. Plenty of parking to the front for family and visitors.
Local facilities: A short walk from Tilehurst train station, giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. Crossrail coming to Reading Station giving easy access to the City. There is an excellent Waitrose just along the road and Pangbourne has a wonderful village centre with shops, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers, excellent restaurants and riverside pubs.
Reading town centre is approximately 3 miles away and there is a regular bus service along the Oxford Road to Reading, the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 6 miles.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area to include; Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School, Denefield secondary school, Little Heath secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory Schools. The Abbey, which is a highly regarded girls school, has a bus pick up at the bottom of the road, Cranford House, Queen Anne's, Moulsford Preparatory School, Reading School (Boys) and Kendrick School (Girls).
Route with narrow regulated vehicle access: From Pangbourne village, leave in the direction of Tilehurst, and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck and opposite some terrace houses, and turn right through a regulated access into Elsley Road. Drive up the hill and turn right into Ferndale Close and the property is at the far end in the right-hand corner.
Route without the narrow regulated vehicle access: From Pangbourne village, leave in the direction of Tilehurst, and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck, some terrace houses, and a Peugeot garage on the left, carry on to the roundabout, take the 3rd exit into Overdown Road, 2nd right into Carlisle Road, first left into Clevedon Road and continue to the end. Turn right and immediately left into Ferndale Close and the property is at the far end in the right-hand corner.
Post Code: RG31 6UZ
Services: Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage. Gas combi-boiler fitted 4 years ago. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: Reading Borough, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.