- Luxuriously fitted 6 bedroom, Victorian Lodge house
- Self contained annexe and detached office
- 48 ft open plan kitchen/ living/ dining room with wood burning stove
- Pretty, good sized gardens and grounds overlooking pastureland and woodland
- For the horse/ pony enthusiast equestrian facilities close by with livery facilities
- A wonderful entertaining house
Pangbourne station 2.3 miles ● Reading 7 miles ● M4 Junction 12: 2.5 miles ● Heathrow 34 miles (all distances and timings are approximate)
3,735 sq ft / 347 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.35 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A delightful 6 bedroom detached Victorian lodge house, set in a very pretty semi-rural location. Together with some substantial later additions to include a first class self-contained 3 room detached annexe, and a large purpose built, insulated, and heated garden office building. The property is valuably unlisted.
Brook House has large landscaped rear gardens which enjoy the southerly sun, and overlook very beautiful pastureland and woodland. There is a decked terrace beside the pretty chalk stream fed Maidenhatch brook.
The whole property has been lavishly refitted and restored by the present owners, to exacting and luxurious standards.
Set within the heart of very beautiful countryside and yet is not isolated with other residences forming a small hamlet and just across the lane, the Tidmarsh Stud, all accessed via a private no-through road. This area is noted to be of outstanding natural beauty.
• Fabulous 48ft open plan living/kitchen/dining room. This area includes a kitchen/breakfast area, a snug with wood burning stove, large dining/family area with ceramic flooring and bi-fold doors opening onto the stone laid terrace and rear gardens
• Kitchen area comprises of a large preparation island, granite worksurfaces, 5 ring induction hob, extractor, fitted wine fridge, Miele dishwasher undersurface pull-out fridge, oak breakfast bar with 4 stools, plenty of storage, twin Neff ovens, bespoke oak lined cupboards, Villeroy & Boch double sink with Quooker hot/cold tap
• Double sliding doors conceal a utility cupboard, with fitted washing machine and tumble dryer. A bespoke cupboard unit houses an oak fitted pantry unit with granite worksurface, flanked either side by a full height fridge.
• Sitting room is large, with double aspect, bi-fold doors open onto the rear sun terrace. Original stone mullion windows overlooking the front, oak planked highly polished flooring, fitted cinema and tv projector with electric screen. Large shelved cupboard unit with 5 speaker units for the surround sound system.
• There is a high end JBL Synthesis II video / home entertainment system fitted, with ceiling mounted speakers in sitting room, snug, dining/kitchen room, and to both bedrooms 1 and 2. This system cost the vendors circa £60,000 when new, contained in a cupboard in the office.
• High quality self-contained annexe with underfloor heating, full insulation, two bedrooms, shower room, very pretty kitchen/living room fitted with fridge freezer, washing machine, ceramic hob, extractor, oven, sink, peninsula breakfast bar with two stools, and fitted dishwasher
• Purpose built garden office building is double glazed, has underfloor heating with fitted units. Office has an external door from the terrace beside the hot tub to the shower room
• There is a large above ground Masterspa hot tub
• Laundry room with granite worksurfaces, cupboards, door to exterior, and access to workshop/garden store which houses the pumping and filtration system for the water supply to the property and underfloor heating controls
• Landing has an oak door with security coded lock, which houses a racked and insulated wine store fitted with Fondis winemaster air conditioner
• Owners have introduced fine examples of oak joinery in the kitchen, reception hall and the very fine, graceful winding oak staircase with balustrade. The oak flooring continues throughout the first floor, other than the bathroom/shower rooms
• Main bedroom has French doors opening onto a large balcony, enjoying some very pretty rural views. Ensuite dressing room, wet shower, and Aston Bentley oval bath.
• Guest bedroom has French doors opening onto a glass Juliet balcony, ensuite shower room and dressing room
• Large family bathroom, refitted to a high and luxurious standard with wet shower and bath
• Reception hall with ceramic tiled floor and twin oak doors give access to a cloakroom and large coat/boot room.
• Excellent energy efficiency, and all windows are bespoke replacement primary double glazed
• Behind the annexe is an enclosed dog kennel area with 2 kennels and exterior run and interior enclosed run
Summary of accommodation:
Main house: Reception hall, cloakroom, boot cupboard, kitchen/breakfast/dining/snug, laundry room, utility cupboard, sitting room with home entertainment system workshop/garden store. 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, dressing rooms and ensuites to bedrooms 1 and 2. Ait conditioned wine store.
Annexe: 2 bedrooms, shower room, kitchen/living room
Garden office: Office, kitchen/reception area, shower room
Gardens: Property has approx. 37 m frontage to the private road, lawn and large car parking for a number of cars. Landscaped rear gardens mainly laid to lawn with very large flagstone (vendor to confirm) laid terrace running the width of the property. Covered area in front of the sitting room bi-fold doors. Hot tub. Fitted ground surface trampoline. Decked terrace beside the brook, with power and light for summer entertaining.
Gardens & Grounds extending to: 0.35acre (approx.)
Local Facilities: There are delightful walks from the property by way of footpaths and bridleways. There is a first-class fitness and tennis centre at Bradfield College which is open to membership with a fine indoor swimming pool, gym, squash courts, indoor and outdoor tennis courts. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area – Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few. For the equestrian enthusiast, Livery and Dressage available at Tidmarsh Stud, livery and Dressage farm which is just over the lane from the property. Large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury's within easy driving distance. Pangbourne and Theale have train stations offering fast commuter links to London.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area – Pangbourne College is nearby, Bradfield College is within easy access, as is St Andrew's Preparatory School, Moulsford Boys School, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant Hotel. Turn right into Pangbourne Hill, turning second left into Bere Court Road. Proceed to the end until you reach a crossroads. Proceed straight over the crossroads into Dark Lane. A short distance along, turn left at the sign for Maidenhatch Stud Farm and livery stables and Maidenhatch Farm. Proceed down this drive, which is a no-through lane, until you reach the end where you will see Tidmarsh Stud on your left, follow the road to the left, and Brook House will be found on your right.
Post Code: RG8 8HP
Services: Mains electricity, private water supply, private drainage by treatment plant, Nibf2040 air source heat pump for heating & hot water including main house, annexe and office, water softener.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.