- Luxuriously fitted accommodation
- Elegant period style spacious rooms with high ceilings and lots of natural light
- Low maintenance landscaped gardens to front and rear
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms/ shower rooms
- One of the most sought-after residential roads in the heart of Pangbourne
- Excellent location for all local facilities including Pangbourne station
- Double garage/gym
- Planning permission granted to convert first floor of garage and to extend to the side of the garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
3,717 sq ft / 345 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 4 bedroom character country house, enjoying luxuriously fitted accommodation. Individually designed and constructed by Donfield Developments, noted for their houses of outstanding architectural design and craftsmanship.
Entered from an exclusive tree-lined private road, and set within the heart of this famous and sought-after riverside period village. Holly House is within easy walking distance of riverside pubs and restaurants, the River Thames, a highly regarded primary school, church, specialist shops, amenities and a train station with fast commuter links to London Paddington.
The interior of the property has been refitted to a very high standard by the present owners of recent times, and outside there are landscaped gardens to both front and rear. The rear walled garden was designed and created for the present owners by Hugo Bugg, a Chelsea Flower Show gold medallist, known for his innovative designs.
Constructed in the late 1990s, with stone paved path and steps giving direct access to the main doorway with covered porch and double doors opening into a magnificent reception hall. The influence architecturally is of a much earlier period perhaps, Queen Anne, especially shown with the height of the ceilings, approx. 8'6', and the delightful winding staircase to the first-floor galleried landing, with a large window overlooking the front.
Holly House can be enjoyed by a family just as easily a single person, or couple or indeed to be used as a second home, as the gardens can be easily maintained. The décor throughout is elegant in its simplicity of colour and design, and is set high on the hill, away from the hurly burly of roads running into Pangbourne, a wonderful spot in which to live.
Note : Planning permission has been granted for conversion of the 1st floor of the garage into a room with four roof lights into the roof line and an extension to the side of the garage to create a gym (this will replace the existing gym and thereby reinstate the garage space). Application No's : 22/01526/ HOUSE and 21/01232/HOUSE
• Kitchen/breakfast room with walk through access to the living room, which has a fireplace fitted with a wood burning stove, and French doors opening onto the private front garden terrace
• The kitchen is comprehensively fitted with an extensive range of units manufactured and fitted by Harvey Jones, well known for high specification, hand crafted kitchens. Wide granite worksurfaces, Elica glazed extractor, Quooker boiling water tap, fitted Siemens dishwasher, fitted Miele wine fridge, central island preparation area/breakfast bar with seating for 6. Large pantry units and sliding door gives access to the utility room
• The drawing room has an open fireplace presently fitted with a gas fuelled coal effect fire, and French doors opening onto the very private and secluded front gardens
• Dining room /games room with double doors opening onto the stone paved terrace and decked area with fitted hot tub, this room has some bespoke storage cupboards and shelving fitted to one end.
• Natural golden oak planking to the entire ground floor
• Bedrooms are spacious and light with 2 ensuite shower/bathrooms and a large family shower room, all refitted to very high standards
• Vehicular access to a driveway beside the house leading to a detached garage block and a further pedestrian access leading directly to the main entrance. Both set of gates are remotely controlled with intercom
• Rear garden, with wide steps leading down to a sunken seating area, which gains the sun especially in the evening. A summer dining area could easily accommodate a 12 seater table if required, flanked each side by raised flower beds and columns of crab apples. The gardens are very private and secluded and have garden lighting throughout. A very beautiful and tranquil area fit to read and relax with peace and solitude
• Detached double garage converted half to gym with planning consent to add a floor extension over the existing floor area
• Tesla electric vehicle charging point
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, drawing room, living room and kitchen/ breakfast room, utility room, dining room /games room, study, cloakroom, 4 bedrooms, ensuites to bedroom 1 and bedroom 4, family shower room.
Gardens: Secluded and private landscaped gardens to both front and rear, fitted hot tub. Large stone terraces. Detached double garage with driveway access from the private road.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found approx. 3 miles away at Tilehurst.
Excellent schools: Holly House is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant and Cross Keys pub. A short way down Tidmarsh Road, turn right into Courtlands Hill which can be found after Green Lane. Holly House is towards the top of the lane on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7BE
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.