- Detached Edwardian house
- Overall plot of 0.5 acres/ 0.21 hectare
- One of the most sought after residential roads in the heart of Pangbourne
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- 4/5 bedrooms
- Proposed building plot (subject to LAPP) approx 0.3 acres
- Excellent location for all local facilities including Pangbourne station.
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
2,349 sq ft / 218 m² (all measurements are approximate)
Overall plot size: 0.5 acre/0.21 hectare
Proposed building plot (subject to LAPP) approx. 0.3 acre (all measurements are approximate)
A charming 4/5 bedroom detached Edwardian house, valuably unlisted, together with a rare and very beautiful garden/building plot of approximately 1/3rd acre with 100ft frontage to Green Lane, subject to local authority planning (LAPP).
This is perhaps the last of the garden plots with frontages to Green Lane to be offered for sale. Most of the other garden plots have had substantial and distinctive properties constructed on them over recent years. Hillcrest would benefit from some modernisation and improvement, with tremendous potential for extension on both sides and for loft conversion (subject to LAPP).
The property has been in the same family ownership for some 60 years, and is set within the heart of this famous and sought after riverside period village, within easy walking distance of the village and riverside pubs and restaurants, river meadows, highly regarded primary school, church, specialist shops, amenities and a train station with fast commuter links to London Paddington.
• The tremendous potential for extension to the main property and the construction of a new property on the rear garden plot (subject to LAPP)
• Courtlands Hill and Green Lane are two of the most sought-after residential roads in the heart of Pangbourne village
• The frontage to Courtlands Hill is approximately 100ft
• The plot is almost symmetrical with the rear garden frontage to Green Lane approximately the same width
• The property has dual access from Courtlands Hill creating an in and out for vehicles
• To the interior the sitting room has the original fireplace and fine bay window
• The dining room has a fine bay window and window seat
• The study/bedroom 5 has a doorway giving access to the gardens and is adjacent to the cloakroom which has a shower
• Immediate rear garden is level with well maintained lawns, with a number of fine mature trees
• Large utility room has a door into the garage, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher
• Fully boarded large attic with potential for conversion (subject to LAPP)
• Front garden has high hedges secluding the property
Summary of accommodation: Hall, sitting room, dining room, study/bedroom 5, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom/ground floor shower room, utility room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas. Waitrose can be found 3 miles away at Tilehurst.
Excellent schools: Hillcrest is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School is in the village, which has foundation stage 1 and Pangbourne is also within the catchment area for Theale Green School (with school bus pick up in the village).
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout passing The Elephant and Cross Keys pub. A short way down, turn right into Courtlands Hill which can be found after Green Lane. Hillcrest will be found towards the top of the lane on the right-hand side.
Post Code: RG8 7BE
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.