- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- Three bathrooms
- Stunning kitchen/breakfast room opening to living room
- Landscaped gardens with generous terraces
- Walk to Tilehurst station
- Six double bedrooms
- Refitted throughout to a high standard
- Planning for loft conversion
- Garaging for 4 cars and ample parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Reading 3 miles ● Tilehurst station ½ mile (7 minute walk) ● Pangbourne village 3 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 6 miles (all distances approximate)
4,493 sq ft / 417 m² Gardens & Grounds: 0.442 acre / 0.179 ha (all measurements are approximate)
NO ONWARD CHAIN. One of the most important period houses of Tilehurst, this is an elegant 6 bedroom 1930s detached house with later additions. Constructed in the Arts & Crafts period situated in one of the most sought-after of the original residential roads, within easy walking distance of Tilehurst station.
Clevedon Road is a pretty tree lined road with a mix of period and modern property of good standing; this is a peaceful residential road, no rat-run here and well away from busy main roads. The property has undergone tasteful and innovative extension and modernisation of recent times, with a thorough interior design programme, retaining the best of the period features.
This is an impressive, substantial period house with plenty of kerb appeal and wow factor, set well back from the road and set on high ground with pretty views of Mapledurham and the Chiltern Hills rising in the distance across the valley in which the River Thames lies.
This period of English architecture was not only attractive but the building work was substantial and detailed and the present owners have enhanced in keeping with the period both to the exterior and interior of the building. The accommodation has a fantastic flow; a wonderful house for family occupation and for entertaining.
● Atbara has been refitted to a high standard retaining the best of the 30`s period which really knew how to create fantastic family houses with fantastic, beautifully fitted bathrooms, kitchen, plumbing, heating and living room, required of today`s world
● The kitchen/breakfast room comprises of a fantastic fully fitted luxury kitchen with walk through access into a large living room. The kitchen/breakfast room is comprehensively fitted with a bespoke range of painted panel cupboards and drawers, wide granite working surfaces, breakfast bar, dishwasher, waste disposal unit, a Rangemaster 5-ring stainless steel double oven with grill cooking range, Rangemaster cooker hood over, Fisher & Paykel American style fridge freezer with ice and cold water dispenser, lots of pot drawers, cutlery drawers and storage throughout the whole of the kitchen, ceramic tile flooring throughout the kitchen and living room
● The stunning bespoke living room has underfloor heating, with French doors leading directly out onto a large terrace for summer dining
● Natural flame heat-convecting top of the range gas fuelled fires have been fitted to the sitting room/dining room and family room
● The property has large windows and high ceilings traditional to the period, which together with the fabulous bay windows to the sitting room/dining room, family room and the master bedroom, giving lots of natural light
● The sitting room/dining room, hall, family room and study have golden oak flooring
● The study is spacious and directly overlooks the rear gardens
● The guest suite has a separate boiler for heating and hot water from the main boiler as befits a house of this size
● There is a large utility/laundry room, fitted to a similar high standard as the kitchen, with bespoke painted cupboards, under mounted ceramic sink unit, wide granite working surfaces, this room also holds the boiler for the 1st floor bedroom and bathroom accommodation on this side of the building and the room has a door giving access to the rear gardens
● In keeping with the rest of the property the bedrooms are all spacious and double size, lots of built-in wardrobes in the master bedroom, two recently refitted large bathrooms both with showers as well as baths, tiled and fitted to exacting standards
● Bedroom 5 has air conditioning as it was until recently used as an office with a number of computers
● The first floor accommodation is unusually spacious with the original oak balustrade leading to a large landing with all bedrooms of double size
● Second floor attic with planning permission for conversion for further bedroom accommodation see note 1.
Note 1. A planning permission is held in that was granted in 2001, including a loft conversion for bedroom 7 and a bathroom which have not been constructed but can be fitted if so required.
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby, glazed panel door to reception hall, cloakroom, door to rear garden, family room, sitting/dining room, study/hobby room, laundry/utility room, large kitchen/breakfast room, large living room with insulated vaulted ceiling.
Door from sitting/dining room to lobby with staircase to first floor double bedrooms 5 and 6, play area, French doors in both rooms opening onto a secured balcony.
First floor main house: staircase from reception hall, large landing, 4 double bedrooms, 2 large bathrooms.
Substantial integral garaging for 4 cars, with the possibility in 1 garage of introducing an hydraulic ramp as the ceiling height is suitable so that another 2 cars could be stored at high level if required, the 3 integral garages all have remotely controlled roll up and over doors
Gardens & grounds: Front garden with well-maintained lawns and shrubberies, very large paved forecourt with parking for a number of cars with entrance to 3 integral garages and electric gates with remote control from the house via an entry phone system. Further car parking to one side.
The rear garden has been completely re-landscaped and designed of recent times with large lawned area, high and low level terraces for summer dining and entertaining, pretty box hedging, mature trees and high hedging giving privacy and seclusion, to one side there is a garden store and bicycle shed, a Wendy house to the rear, timed irrigation system.
Gardens & Grounds extending to: 0.442 acre / 0.179 ha (approximately).
Local facilities: A ½ mile from Tilehurst train station, giving fast connections to London Paddington, Reading and Oxford. There is an excellent Waitrose just along the road and Pangbourne has a wonderful village centre with shops, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers, excellent restaurants and pubs.
Reading town centre is approximately 3 miles away and there is a regular bus service along the Oxford to Reading road, the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is approximately 6 miles.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area to include; Ofsted rated Purley Primary C of E School, Denefield secondary school, Little Heath secondary school. Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School,theAbbey which is a highly regarded girls school with a bus pickup at the bottom of the road, Cranford House, Queen Anne`s, Moulsford Preparatory School, Reading School and Kendrick school.
Route with narrow regulated vehicle access: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed out of the village and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck and opposite some new terrace houses turn right with a regulated access into Elsley Road. Drive up the steep hill and you will find Clevedon Road on your left, turn in here and Atbara will be found almost immediately on your left.
Route without the narrow regulated vehicle access: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left and at the mini roundabout turn left again. Proceed out of the village and pass through Purley, pass the Roebuck, some new terrace houses, pass a Peugeot garage on the left, and carry on to the roundabout, take the 3rd exit into Overdown Road, 2nd right into Carlisle Road, first left into Clevedon Road and continue almost to the end, and Atbara will be found on the right.
Post Code: RG31 6RL
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: Reading Borough Council, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.