- Excellent family house, in immaculate condition throughout
- Splendid loft conversion can be used as a bedroom or play room
- Modern spacious kitchen/breakfast room
- Fitted study with 2 workstations
- Ensuite shower rooms to 2 bedrooms
- Easy access to schools, station and local amenities
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Tilehurst station 1.4 miles (driving) ● Pangbourne 1.6 miles ● Reading 5 miles (all distances are approximate)
2,315 sq ft / 215 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very attractive 5 bedroom, modern detached family house. Located in a pretty cul-de-sac, with many mature shrubs and trees. Constructed to very high standards in 2001, by Bellwinch Homes.
The property has been kept in immaculate order by the present owners, with consistent improvement over the years, to include a splendid modern kitchen/breakfast room refitted in 2014, and the family bathroom refitted in 2018.
The property is within easy access of Tilehurst train station, Waitrose supermarket, and only a short drive from Pangbourne, with its many amenities, riverside pubs, restaurants, and shops.
• Sitting room is spacious, with French doors directly opening onto the rear garden terrace, there is an open fireplace, presently concealed, which could be reinstated if required
• The splendid loft conversion completed in 2018, with lots of Velux windows flooding the room with natural light, this can be used as a bedroom, or a play room. Lots of eaves storage cupboards, and a further storage area
• Kitchen and utility rooms have thermostatically controlled electrically heated floor tiles
• Dining room is spacious with a pretty bay window overlooking the front
• Study is fully fitted, with workspaces for two, and a bay window overlooking the front
• Reception hall is spacious and light with oak effect flooring which continues into the dining room and cloakroom
• Principal bedroom has an ensuite shower room, and fitted wardrobes
• Guest bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, and fitted wardrobes
• Utility room with sink, and external door to side of property
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, dining room, study, cloakroom, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, 1st floor: 4 bedrooms, 2 ensuite shower rooms, family bathroom. 2nd floor: 5th bedroom/playroom.
Gardens: Front garden is laid to lawn with pretty flowerbeds and hedging to the front with a crazy paved stone path leading to the front door. Brick laid entrance drive with access to the detached single garage and parking for several cars.
Rear gardens have been landscaped with care, with a sun terrace, well-maintained lawns, raised flowerbeds and a rockery.
Local facilities: Purley-on-Thames has a thriving and active community and is perfectly situated to enjoy the best of the River Thames and surrounding countryside, whilst giving excellent transport links, and has shops and amenities nearby. There is a marina in Purley on Thames for the boating enthusiast, and lovely walks to be enjoyed in nearby Sulham woods.
There is a local well served bus route a short walk away and Tilehurst train station is nearby, giving fast train connections to London Paddington and Reading. Reading town centre is 5 miles, with a bus route via the Oxford Road to Reading and neighbouring towns and the M4 Junction 12 at Theale is just 4.5 miles (all distances are approximate). Within a few minutes driving distance, is an excellent Waitrose.
Pangbourne is only a short distance down the road by car and has a fantastic selection of specialist shops including a fine butcher, a cheese shop, organic farm shop, doctors and dental practices, pubs and restaurants.
Local schools: Walking distance to Long Lane Primary School and Denefield Secondary School. Easy drive to Purley and Pangbourne primary schools. Short drive to Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, The Oratory School, St Andrew's Prep, and Cranford House.
Directions: Upon entering Purley from Pangbourne, at the traffic lights turn right into Long Lane, and first left into Cecil Aldin Drive, then first left into Clairmore Gardens and number 9 is the second property on the right.
Post Code: RG31 6YD
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas, water softener.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.