- Detached character house
- Exclusive location
- Double garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- Four bedrooms
- Walk to the village
- Views to the front
Reading 6 miles M4 (Junction12) 3 miles (approx.)
2,403 sq ft/ 232.2 sq m (approx.)
Gardens extending to 0.24 acres / 0.1 ha (approx.)
DESCRIPTION: A very attractive detached character modern house, substantially constructed to a very high standard in the 1970s by the well-known firm of Don Fairbairn builders.
Cedar Drive is a very peaceful no-through lane within the heart of Pangbourne. Cedar Drive is probably one of the most exclusive residential roads, just towards the top of Flowers Hill. From here it is easy walking distance to the centre of Pangbourne village and station.
Special Features: The very pretty private and sunny gardens with large brick laid patio at the rear for summer entertaining. Large kitchen/breakfast room. The unusually large reception hall, open fireplace to the sitting room, pleasantly fitted with a coal effect gas fuelled fire. The attached large double garage, views over fields from the front patio.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION:
Large reception hall * Large kitchen/breakfast room * Utility Room * Study * Cloakroom * Sitting room with open fire * Four double bedrooms with ensuite shower room to master bedroom * All bedrooms with fitted wardrobes * Modern family bathroom recently refitted * Double attached garage * Landscaped gardens extending to 0.24 acres * Full gas fired central heating
Local Facilities: Walking distance to Pangbourne village centre with its excellent shops, church, pubs, restaurants, health centre, dentist, banks, primary school, library, and station giving a fast train connection to London Paddington for the commuter. There is a first class fitness centre at Bradfield College which is open to membership with a very fine indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts, indoor tennis courts. There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area; Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few. Horse riding stables and livery stables are a short driving distance at Buckhold and Upper Basildon. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury`s are also within easy driving distance. Fielders Farm Shop on the road from Tidmarsh to Theale sells all sorts of good quality local produce.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities in the area; Pangbourne College and Bradfield College are within easy access, as are St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, Cranford House, Downe House and The Oratory preparatory and senior schools. There is a public sector school at Theale, which has a school bus pick up in Pangbourne. Pangbourne Primary School also offers Foundation Stage 1 part-time places.
DIRECTIONS: From the offices of Dudley Singleton and Daughter turn left pass straight over the mini roundabout drive a short distance down the Tidmarsh Road, passing Green Lane, Courtlands Hill and turn right into Flowers Hill. Proceed up Flowers Hill and turn left into Cedar Drive and the property will be found towards the end on the right hand side.
SERVICES: All main including gas. Tenure freehold.
POST CODE: RG8 7BH
LOCAL AUTHORITY: West Berkshire Council. Tel: 01635 42400. www.westberks.gov.uk Council Tax: Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN. Tel: 0118 984 2662
Fax: 0118 984 5490
E-mail: email@example.com London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.