- A splendid detached country house of character
- 4 bath/shower rooms
- Spacious kitchen/breakfast room
- Swimming pool and pool house with bar,shower room and sauna
- Space for further extension subject to planning
- 5 double bedrooms
- 4 reception rooms including exceptional drawing room with large open fireplace
- Wonderful established gardens and small paddock extending to 1.15 acres
- Large double garage and store rooms. Ample car parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
Maidenhead Train Station 3.5 miles/9 minutes' drive ● Maidenhead 4 miles ● Heathrow 25 minutes' drive
4,587 sq ft / 426 m²
Gardens & Grounds 1.15 acres/ 0.46 hectare
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid and distinguished 5 bedroom detached country house of character, situated in the very pretty and exclusive Burchett's Green Lane which is peaceful, tree-lined, and bounded in part by fields.
Constructed to very high standards, and having been maintained with loving care, this is a very fine family country house of high quality and the gardens are a delight in all seasons.
The gardens extend to approximately 1.15 acres and have been well maintained and there is room for a tennis court if so desired subject to LAPP.
The property has a wide frontage to the lane screened by high laurel hedging giving privacy. The entrance is secured by a pair of 5 bar gates with a tarmacadam and shingle drive with oval central island giving access to both pedestrians and vehicles. There is lots of parking and a large wing containing a double garage with fine oak panelled and leaded light sliding doors.
The rooms are all spacious and light with attractive bay windows to the study, drawing room dining room, sitting room and breakfast area. This is a very light country house with large windows to all the rooms. Oak framed French doors give access from the drawing room and dining room to the rear gardens. All the window sills are in original polished English oak.
Tudor Lodge is within easy walking distance to the Michelin star pub restaurant, The Crown, and there are many bridle paths and footpaths through the very pretty open adjacent countryside and National Trust woodland.
• The spacious kitchen/breakfast room is a wonderful feature with windows on 3 sides overlooking both front and rear gardens. There are lots of pine cupboard and drawer units, fitted Miele dishwasher, fitted Miele double electric oven, 5 ring ceramic hob positioned on an island with extractor hood over. Fitted microwave, surface fitted stainless steel deep fat dryer and charcoal grill with extractor beside, American style fridge freezer. Door to exterior and to summer dining area
• The main entrance door is of highly polished oak and there is a secondary entrance to the right-hand side to the kitchen
• 3 ensuite bath/shower rooms. The master bedroom also has a dressing room
• Within the drawing room is an elegant large open fire with splendid original oak mantle surround. The fireplace presently is fitted with a propane gas fuelled log fire in basket.
• Fabulous old laid down grounds which have been well-maintained to include a secure, gated and part-walled sunny pool area with outdoor heated pool a spacious summer house/pool room with shower, changing room, WC, a bar with fridge and a sauna. The entrance doors are glazed and fully fold-back. This whole area is a wonderful sun trap
• The rear gardens get the sun all day from the south and into the west for evening and there is at one side a summer dining area. There is a lean-to greenhouse and pair of timber garden stores. The lawns sweep down with high hedging concealing a small paddock which might house a tennis court if so desired
• All 5 bedrooms are large with high ceilings, 3 have ensuite shower/bathrooms
• The windows have recently been replaced with primary double glazing
• Utility room with plumbing for washing machine, also housing the oil-fired boiler giving heating and hot water
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, drawing room, sitting room, study, dining room, large kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom. 5 bedrooms, family bathroom, 3 additional ensuite shower/bathrooms. Double garage, lean to greenhouse and two timber garden stores.
Gated and secure swimming pool area with pool house includes shower room, cloakroom, bar area, and sauna.
Gardens and grounds: Large south and westerly facing rear gardens with large herbaceous borders, shrubberies and rose beds, mature trees, small paddock. Spacious summer dining area with covered way giving access to the side door to the garage and 2 store rooms. Heated outdoor swimming pool (see services)
Gardens & Grounds extending to 1.15 acres / 0.46 hectare.
Local facilities: Tudor Lodge is within easy walking distance of the Michelin Star pub with restaurant, the Crown. There are many bridle paths and footpaths nearby, giving easy access to wonderful countryside.
Burchetts Green is located between Marlow, Henley and Maidenhead. With excellent road and railway links this is an extremely convenient place to live. The M4 motorway provides access to Heathrow, London and the West Country. Rail services to London Paddington are available from Maidenhead, with Crossrail set to greatly enhance commuting to London's West End and the City.
The beautiful riverside towns of Henley and Marlow have plenty of boutiques, and many restaurants, as well as summer festivals and Regattas. The commercial centres of Reading, Maidenhead and Slough are equally easy to reach.
There are plenty of quality sporting and leisure facilities in the area with golf courses in abundance, including Castle Royle just a 2 minute drive. Cycling, walking and horse riding in Windsor Great Park is wonderful and racing enthusiasts have both Ascot and Windsor to enjoy.
Schools: There is a range of excellent schools in the area, including grammar schools, and Burchetts Green Primary school is highly sought after. Newlands Girls School which is Ofsted rating as Outstanding and in Burchetts Green, the Berkshire College of Agriculture.
Directions: At junction 8/9 of the M4 take the A404 towards Henley. After approximately a mile, take the A4 towards Reading. Pass the Shire Horse pub on the left, shortly after take the right hand turning signposted towards Burchetts Green, into Burchetts Green Lane. A mile along the lane, there is a property on the right, Little Stubbings, with a white dove cote, Tudor Lodge will be found on the left hand side with a 5 bar gate giving access.
Post Code: SL6 3QP
Services: Mains water, electricity, and drainage, Oil fired central heating, propane gas for fire in drawing room. Note: Oil fired boiler for swimming pool needs replacing.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: Windsor & Maidenhead, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.