- A very pretty 3 bedroom cottage style 1930's bungalow
- Overlooking fields and Pangbourne College playing fields to the rear
- Secluded gardens
- Lots of potential
- Well set back from the road
- Good sized driveway with plenty of off road parking
- Large conservatory with sun insulation, blinds to all windows with french doors to the garden
- Easy access to Pangbourne's shops and facilities - 3 mins drive
Pangbourne 1.7 miles / 3 mins drive • M4 (junc 12) 7 miles • Reading 8 miles/ 20 mins drive
(all distances and timings are approximate)
1,087 sq ft / 101 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty 3-bedroom cottage style detached bungalow, built of old clay brick under a tiled roof in approx. the 1930s.
In splendid order throughout, and enjoying spacious gardens to front and south-facing gardens to the rear. Overlooking fields to the front and the extensive playing fields of Pangbourne College to the rear.
The cottage is set well back from the road with parking for a number of cars
• Property has been well-maintained inside and out
• Sitting room has an open fire, with French doors giving access to a large conservatory/garden room
• Very large conservatory/garden room has sun insulation to the roof, blinds to all windows, heating, triple aspect windows overlooking the gardens and playing fields, French doors to gardens
• Kitchen is fully fitted with dishwasher, washing machine, fitted electric double oven, 4 ring ceramic hob, an under-surface fridge and freezer. Large windows overlook the rear gardens and playing fields
• Property is set back some 60ft back from lane
• Modern shower room
• The loft space is accessed through the bathroom, by loft ladder, and is fully insulated and boarded throughout. There is sufficient space to stand up
• Boundary secured by close board fencing to sides and rear
• Gate giving access to the playing fields of Pangbourne College
• 3 double bedrooms
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen, conservatory/garden room, 3 double bedrooms, shower room,
Gardens: Gardens are a very pretty feature with large lawns to the front, and double 5 bar gates that swing open onto a large gravel parking area which can take a number of cars. Boundaries to front garden planted with red robin hedge.
Side access on both sides of the house.
Further well-maintained lawns to the side and the south-facing rear garden. Two summer dining areas, shrubberies, large modern timber garden store, log store. Modern oil tank in concealed area, side access on both sides of the property.
Local Facilities Upper Basildon is a sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has playing fields, a football club, and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, bakery, deli, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (40 mins), Oxford and Reading (Elizabeth Line).
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within easy driving distance, and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From Pangbourne, travel up Pangbourne Hill. Just after you pass the entrance to Pangbourne College, turn right signposted to Upper Basildon, a short distance along on the left, there is a post and rail fence to the front garden, turn in here and Trees will be directly inf front of you. The property is located before the property with high red brick walls (Bowden Green Cottage).
Post Code: RG8 8JL
Services: Mains water & drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.