- Pretty modern detached country house
- Ensuite to master bedroom
- Oak flooring throughout ground floor
- Double garage
- Pangbourne office 0118 984 2662
- 3 double bedrooms
- Large kitchen/dining/family room
- Private and pretty established gardens
- Ample car parking
Pangbourne shops & train station 5 minutes' drive ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 12 miles ● M4 (Junction 12) 5 miles (all distances and times are approximate)
1,971 sq ft / 183 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A pretty modern detached 3 bedroom country house of individual design.
Fox Hill Cottage is situated in perhaps the prettiest part of this period village, with many period properties nearby.
Fox Hill Cottage has a rare mixture; a modern character country house with both style and elegance.
Set within the heart of the village on a peaceful sleepy semi-residential lane, within walking distance of the pub, primary school, church and village hall. Situated well back from the lane with approximately 110ft drive flanked by well-maintained lawns and in one corner a raised bed vegetable garden.
The property enjoys complete privacy. To one side of the front entrance drive and courtyard there is a wall to the boundary with pretty herbaceous border, large gravel parking area and a detached double garage.
Ultra fast Broadband - Gigaclear
• The large kitchen/dining/ family room. Kitchen fitted with an extensive range of pretty painted high and low cupboards and drawer units, polished Quartz working surfaces and a peninsula preparation bar with oak surface and further cupboard. The Alpha cooking range has 2 ovens with 2 hobs over, similar style to an Aga unit. There is also a surface 2 ring electric hob, electric fitted oven, dishwasher, fitted freezer, fridge and larder unit. There is a door giving access to the delightful rear gardens
• The dining/family room has a fitted bookcase with cupboards under, with double French doors giving access to the rear gardens
• Oak flooring throughout the ground floor
• Primary double-glazed conservatory with underfloor heating for winter use, and is ceramic tiled
• Sitting room has walk through access directly into the conservatory and there is a very pretty rustic open fireplace with Bessamer beam across and fitted with a wood burning stove
• Double garage has twin electric up and over doors with loft space
• Property was built in 1985 to a very high standard and has had constant maintenance and refitting since
• The first floor has 3 double bedrooms, with ensuite to master bedroom, with plenty of wardrobes. Family bathroom also has a shower
• Oak flooring to the landing, master bedroom, ensuite bathroom, family bathroom
Summary of accommodation: Entrance lobby with cloaks hanging area, reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining/family room, cloakroom, study/utility room, conservatory, 3 bedrooms, ensuite bathroom, family bathroom.
Gardens: The gardens to the rear are very pretty and they have been well-maintained with loving care over many years. There is a greenhouse, soft fruits and a number of exotic and mature trees to the boundaries. The rear gardens are approximately 70 foot in depth and attract the sun all day long and have a stone paved summer dining area.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast Fox Hill Cottage is within walking distance of Blandys Farm Livery Yard, and there are many bridle paths surrounding the village, there is also a riding school at Cullinghood Equestrian Centre, a short drive away. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities, and a splendid selection of specialist shops including; a butcher, bakery, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. There are farm shops at Tidmarsh and Ashampstead.
Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 5 miles, giving easy access to Heathrow.
Schools: Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance. St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory School, The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, proceed over the mini roundabout passing the front of The Elephant hotel, turn right at St James the Less church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill, pass the entrance to Pangbourne College on the left, fork right to Upper Basildon. On reaching the village church on the right, turn right before the village green. Fox Hill Cottage will be found a short distance along on the right-hand side just after a fork in the road with a triangle of grass and opposite Darby Lane.
Post Code: RG8 8LS
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating, oil fired cooking range, Ultra fast broadband, Giga clear
EPC band: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that: 1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale. 2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor. 4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn. FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.