- Modern detached house
- Family bathroom and 2 en-suites
- Fabulous kitchen/ living room
- High energy rating Band B and air source heat pump
- Garage that can be reinstated from current family room
- 4 bedrooms
- Three reception rooms
- Level gardens
- Vacant possession
- To included fitted carpets, curtain rails all appliances as well as white goods
Didcot 3 miles ● A34 4 miles ● Wallingford 5 miles ● Pangbourne 10 miles ● M4 (jct 13) 11 miles ● M4 (jct 12) 14 miles
2,281 sq ft / 211 m² (all measurements are approximate)
HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY - EPC Band B
Samsung air source heat pump supplying hot water and central heating
A splendid modern 4 bedroom detached individually designed character country house. Constructed in 2017 by Lakehouse Developments to exacting standards. Within walking distance of the centre of Blewbury Village with its convenience store, primary school and pub.
Wessex House is a very spacious and comfortable family house, with outstanding energy efficiency. Overlooking woodland to the front, with the Blewbury Downs just up the road with lots of footpaths giving delightful walks through natural countryside.
● The large reception hall with its glazed panelled staircase rising gracefully to a galleried 1st floor landing overlooking the woodlands to the front and the hall
● The kitchen/living room is tremendous feature with lots of room for sofas and chairs, and for family dining there is space for a large table to seat at least 10 people
● The kitchen area is fitted with a comprehensive selection of good quality high and low level units with a fitted pair of full-height fridge and deep freeze units, a twin pair of Neff fitted oven units, a Neff centrally fitted grill with warming drawer under, a central breakfast bar has a wide granite preparation surface with cupboards and drawers under, a Neff fitted 4 ring induction hob, Siemens concealed unit which rises to act as a splashback as well as an extractor unit, a Neff fitted dishwasher, 1 ½ bowl undermounted sink with mixer taps, granite worksurfaces and drainer, to the far end of the room there are side to side bi-fold doors giving lots of light to the room and easy access to the rear gardens and sun terrace
● Very high energy efficiency, EPC rating : band B, with Samsung air source heat pump providing domestic hot water and underfloor heating to the ground floor, with radiators to the first floor and the family room
● Primary double-glazed windows throughout
● The main bedroom is a large room with a picture window overlooking the front to woodland, and a large ensuite shower room
● All the sanitary fittings throughout, including the cloakroom are of top quality
● Included in the sale are the good quality blinds, curtain poles and carpets throughout and the washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room
● Utility room has wide working surfaces, lots of cupboards, 1½ bowl stainless steel sink
● The property has a building guarantee with 8 years remaining by CGICE
● The family room was originally a garage and could be reinstated if required
Summary of accommodation: Large reception hall, with glazed panel staircase, cloakroom, sitting room, family room, study, kitchen living room, utility room, large landing, 4 bedrooms, 2 shower rooms plus a further good sized family bathroom.
Gardens: Lots of car parking to the front with side access on both sides of the property to the rear, garden store, exterior lights and water taps. Gardens mainly laid to lawn, rear gardens secured by high boarded fencing with a fine old apple tree, shrubberies and a large sun terrace with plenty of room for summer dining and a BBQ area. To the front there is a large car parking area and turning area, well-maintained lawns, hedge to the front boundary and a pair of painted 5 bar gates.
Local facilities: Blewbury is set within the Downlands close to the historic Ridgeway Path. This is wonderful walking and equestrian country, with many footpaths and bridle paths surrounding the village.
The village has an historical centre, with a beautiful church, village primary school and public houses. There is an excellent farm shop and garden centre with café, and a small convenience store at Blewbury garage. There is a village recreation ground with tennis and cricket clubs and the village also boasts a golf driving range.
There is a Waitrose in Wallingford, M&S food, Tesco and Sainsbury`s in Didcot. Wallingford is a fine old market town on the River Thames with lots of specialist shops and restaurant. Didcot has recently been rejuvenated with a new shopping centre, multiplex cinema and new restaurants.
Didcot Parkway has a mainline train station is an easy drive away, with a train journey to London Paddington taking approximately 45 minutes and Oxford approximately 12 minutes. Easy access to the A34, M40 and the M4.
Schools: There are excellent schooling facilities within the area including the highly regarded primary school at Blewbury. Cranford House at Moulsford and Moulsford Preparatory School for boys. Wallingford schools include Wallingford School for secondary education, Fir Tree School for 7-11 age group, St John`s Primary School, St Nicholas Nursery School. Easy access to Abingdon Boys School, St Helen`s & St Katherine`s, Radley College, The Dragon Preparatory School, St Edwards School, Summerfields, Cothill, The Oratory School and The Oratory Preparatory School, Bradfield College and Pangbourne College.
Directions: Upon arriving in Blewbury, with the BP petrol station/convenience store on your left, turn left just after the garage into Bessels Way. Wessex House will be found a short distance along on the left-hand side.
Post Code: OX11 9NN
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage, Samsung air source heat pump supplying hot water and central heating - underfloor heating to the ground floor, with radiators to the first floor and the family room, water softener and pressurised hot water system, security system
EPC Rating: B
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: Vale of White Horse, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.