- A splendid 5 double bedroom village house, easy walk to the village
- Footpath from the property directly to the village centre, ideal for children to walk to the village
- Spacious rooms, a beautifully designed family house
- Beautifully fitted throughout
- Potential for a self contained ground floor annexe if required
- 3 bathrooms/ shower rooms
- Large utility room
- Beautifully proportioned main bedroom with Juliet balcony overlooking the gardens
- Secluded, peaceful, very private rear gardens and safe for pets and children
- Detached garage
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (40/45 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
3,391 sq ft / 315 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A splendid, individually designed 5 bedroom modern detached house, set in this highly sought after and exclusive road, within easy walking distance of the village centre and station.
South Stoneham's Cottage is a first-class family home. Unusually spacious, with high ceilings, lots of light, and is fitted to a very high standard throughout.
There is a magnificent kitchen/dining/living room, with a multi-fuel stove, French doors opening onto the rear sun terrace, a useful desk area and underfloor heating, this spacious room creates a wonderful hub of the house.
A short walk to riverside pubs and restaurants, the River Thames, Pangbourne College, a highly regarded primary school, church, specialist shops, amenities, and the train station with fast commuter links to London Paddington.
• Kitchen/dining/living room with lots of space for a large dining table, windows directly overlooking the garden, French doors leading to the sun terrace. Extensive range of kitchen units, Everhot cooking range with 4 ovens and large induction hob, butler sink, a fitted fridge with pull out stacking drawers, fitted dishwasher, and breakfast bar. Worksurfaces are quartz composite stone. Multifuel stove on a slate hearth, underfloor heating, and Karndean flooring in lime oak colour
• Large and imposing reception hall with vaulted ceiling, oak flooring, and clever storage for coats/shoes
• Sitting room has a multifuel stove, oak flooring, floor to ceiling windows, sky light and built in cupboards, plenty of room to seat all the family
• Large family bathroom with shower. All bath/shower rooms and cloakroom are of a high-quality modern design
• Principal bedroom with Juliet balcony and French doors overlooking the rear garden, large ensuite bathroom and dressing room
• Underfloor central heating to kitchen/bathrooms
• Property as a whole is highly insulated
• Windows throughout are UPVC, and specially treated to give a wood appearance
• Carpeting where fitted is of high quality with luxury extra thick underlay
• Oak balustrade to staircase, and oak galleried landing
• Utility room is spacious, and houses the Glow-worm gas fired boiler
• All bedrooms are doubles and have built-in wardrobes
• Ground floor bedroom has an ensuite shower room
• Loft with pull down ladder, is highly insulated and part boarded
• High quality pressurised water system has been installed with a pair of large tanks by Gledhill giving mains pressure water storage and duplex stainless-steel cylinder
• Footpath giving off-road access to the village from outside the front of the property
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, study, utility room, cloakroom, family room, 5 bedrooms (one to ground floor with ensuite), family bathroom, and ensuite shower room and dressing room to bedroom 1.
Gardens: Rear gardens have a large decked terrace area, well-maintained lawns with high hedges giving complete seclusion and privacy. Wendy house. Rear access from both sides of the property. Car parking for number of cars. Large single detached garage.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. By the River Thames there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering kayak, canoe, SUP and climbing tuition.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from the upcoming Crossrail, offering fast links to the City. Waitrose can be found in Tilehurst, approx. 3 miles away.
Excellent schools: South Stoneham's Cottage is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools and Pangbourne College is within walking distance. Within easy driving distance are; Bradfield College, St Andrew's Prep, Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School has foundation stage 1.
Directions: From Dudley Singleton and Daughter's office turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout, turn right at St James The Less Church into Pangbourne Hill, proceed along Pangbourne Hill for a short distance turning left into Bere Court Road. Follow the road as it bears to the right, and a short distance along on the right-hand side you will see 3 signposts, one of which says South Stoneham's Cottage. Turn in here and the property is the first on the left.
Post Code: RG8 8JY
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas. High speed Gigaclear connected.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.