- Beautifully & tastefully redesigned and re-fitted interior
- Spacious family accommodation with 5 bedrooms
- Walk to village pub, primary school and village hall
- Fitted Miele kitchen
- Set in large gardens extending to 0.33 acre
- Heated outdoor swimming pool in rear garden
- Peaceful lane, views over fields to the rear
- Pangbourne Office 0118 984 2662
Walk to primary school & Pub. Pangbourne shops & train station 5 minutes' drive ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 12 miles ● M4 (Junction 12) 5 miles (all distances and times are approximate)
2,888 sq ft / 268 m²
Gardens & grounds extending to 0.33 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
An unusually spacious 5 bedroom detached modern country house, situated in a pretty peaceful semi-rural lane within the heart of the village. Beautifully appointed and a tastefully redesigned and refitted interior, set in large gardens overlooking fields to the rear, with a heated outdoor swimming pool at the far end of the garden, with easily secured access.
Within easy walking distance to the Red Lion pub which has a restaurant, the village primary school, recreation ground, tennis courts and village hall.
Built in the 1970s to high standards, and extensively updated in recent years, to include a large family sized kitchen breakfast room with French doors opening onto the rear terrace and BBQ area.
One of the most sought-after villages in this part of the world, Upper Basildon is a proper family village with lots of families with children of all ages. There is a very active community, and the village hall hosts many events throughout the year.
With easy access to footpaths with lovely walks through unspoilt countryside, and just a few minutes easy drive to Pangbourne village, with its extensive range of specialist shops, riverside pubs and restaurants, amenities and station giving fast commuter links to Reading and Paddington.
* The unusually spacious reception hall with engineered oak flooring
* Splendid flow of accommodation
* Kitchen/breakfast room features a splendid Miele fitted kitchen to include; 2 self-cleaning ovens, convection oven/microwave, warming drawer, dishwasher, fridge freezer, fitted Nespresso coffee machine, lots of high and low level cupboards, Corian working surfaces with Corian bowl, drainer and mixer taps, large breakfast bar with cupboards under, large pantry unit, Fisher & Paykel 4 ring induction hob with extractor over, double doors to rear garden
* Large utility room with door to rear garden
* Open log fire to dining room
* Bathrooms and cloakrooms are of contemporary high quality
* Cloakroom to ground floor with shower, useful for when the swimming pool is used
* Very spacious principal bedroom with large ensuite bathroom with wet shower and modern bathtub, and fitted wardrobes
* Lots of seclusion and privacy to both front and rear gardens
* Property is well set back from the lane with a 5-bar gate securing the access
* Connected to super-fast gigaclear
* Primary double-glazed windows throughout
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, dining room, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, study, cloakroom, utility room, family bathroom, 5 bedrooms, principal bedroom with ensuite bathroom, integral double garage.
Front garden; raised lawn and high hedges giving seclusion and privacy, side entrance to rear garden.
Rear garden mainly laid to lawn with high hedges, heated swimming pool approx. 30 ft in length, large pool room with oil fired boiler, general pool equipment and storage. Rear garden gains south and westerly sun.
Large attached general garden store running the depth of the house with access front and rear.
Off road parking for a number of cars.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.33 acre (approx.)
Local Facilities Upper Basildon is a much sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has playing fields, a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butchers, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 6 miles drive giving easy access to airports.
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within easy walking distance, and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout turning first right into Pangbourne Hill. Proceed to the top of the hill, just after the entrance to Pangbourne College on the left, turn right signposted Upper Basildon. Continue through the heart of the village passing the church, the green and The Red Lion pub is on your right-hand side – turn right here, into Darby Lane, at the end of the road turn left into The Beckfords. Pass Emery's Farm a long white building and The Birches will be found on the right-hand side, just before a street sign displaying 'Beckfords' and a small 30mph sign.
Post Code: RG8 8PB
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating and pool heating, water softener. Connected to superfast Gigaclear.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.