- A beautifully fitted, spacious 4 bedroom house set in large and very beautiful gardens and grounds
- Stunning open plan kitchen/dining/ living room
- Set in a prime position within this highly sought after village
- Principal bedroom has a walk in dressing room and good sized en suite
- In superb order inside and out
- Good sized sitting room with open fireplace
- Study plus a further detached home office / studio
- A wonderful entertaining house with three separate garden dining/patio areas
- Double garage plus large workshop and carport
- Summer house
Pangbourne shops & train station 5 minutes' drive ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 12 miles ● M4 (Junction 12) 5 miles (all distances and times are approximate)
2,886 sq ft / 268 m²
Gardens and Grounds extending to 0.33 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A charming detached 4-bedroom country house. Redesigned and refitted to the highest standards by the present owners, and set in a prime location on a peaceful semi-rural residential lane, which is a pleasing mix of modern and period properties, of individual designs and character.
Draycotts has been meticulously maintained throughout, and is set in very pretty, informal landscaped gardens, with areas for summer dining, large lawns, mature shrubs, and trees.
Upper Basildon is one of the most sought-after villages in the Thames Valley, and is an excellent location for families with children of all ages. There is a very active community, and the village hall hosts many events throughout the year. The Red Lion village pub is within easy walking distance.
There is easy access to footpaths with lovely walks through unspoilt countryside, and just a few minutes easy drive to Pangbourne village, with its extensive range of specialist shops, riverside pubs and restaurants, amenities and railway station giving fast commuter links to Oxford, Reading, the Elizabeth Line and non-stop service to Paddington.
• The kitchen/dining/living room is a splendid feature; the hub of the house, with roof lights and 3 sets of oak bi-fold doors giving direct access to the rear gardens
• The kitchen is comprehensively fitted with oak worksurfaces, Siemens 5 ring induction hob, two Siemens electric ovens, fitted microwave, Samsung American style Smart fridge freezer with video screen, cold water and ice dispenser, fitted dishwasher. Large island unit/breakfast bar, this unit is on wheels and can be moved according to requirements
• The living area has a ceiling mounted projector with a concealed screen for watching TV/movies
• The separate sitting room has a large fireplace with an open fire. Large glazed door opens onto the expansive side terrace, and large picture windows overlook the front gardens
• Well-equipped and fully fitted study with corner desk and fitted cupboards. The property benefits from superfast fibre broadband
• Utility room has a tumble dryer and washing machine, and houses the oil-fired boiler
• Large landing with windows overlooking the front garden
• Principal bedroom has an entrance lobby, a bedroom area, a large fully fitted walk-in wardrobe/dressing area, and a fully tiled shower room
• Family bathroom with whirlpool bath and thermostatically controlled shower
• Standalone spacious fully insulated timber constructed Crane garden office with stripped pine flooring, windows overlooking the garden, power, light, TV point and Wi-Fi connection
• Detached triple garage block, with 2 lock-up garages, and a large workshop with work benches, power, light and TV point. Garages have electrically controlled up and over doors and parking for 2 cars
• Oak beamed car port with a very large fully boarded storage area that extends across the workshop, garages, and car port
• Secure, large, wide forecourt, flanked by high laurel hedges secured by a pair of high timber gates
• Large oak porch and oak front door gives access to a very large reception hall
• Throughout the property there are some fine examples of oak joinery including oak doors, oak balustrade, and staircase
Summary of accommodation: 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite to principal bedroom, reception hall, study, sitting room, kitchen/dining/living room, cloakroom, utility room. Large boarded loft area for storage.
Triple garage block with two lock-up garages with powered electric doors, a large workshop, and car port with a very large storage area above. Octagonal insulated summerhouse. Standalone insulated garden office building.
Gardens: The private rear garden is separated with high shrubs from a walk-through access into the remainder of the large gardens. The shrubs have been shaped to create archways, and there is a majestic eucalyptus tree. Gardens have large lawns, a lily pond, and a number of areas for summer dining. To the end of the garden there is a large Victorian brick constructed pigsty. A Crane timber garden office building, Crane octagonal summer house. To the front, a large forecourt with parking for a number of cars.
Gardens and Grounds extending to 0.33 acre (approx.)
Note 1. Planning permission in place for extension to add a ground floor room, and a set of bi-fold oak doors are stored in the garage for new owners to fit in the new room if required.
Note 2. Vendors are relocating abroad and are happy to leave the majority of furniture in the house, subject to separate negotiation.
Local Facilities Upper Basildon is a sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has playing fields, a football club, and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (40 mins), Oxford and Reading (Elizabeth Line).
Schools: There are plenty of schools in the area; Upper Basildon Primary School is within easy walking distance, and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: Bear right at St Stephens Church (RG8 8LP) proceed to the fork in the road, take left fork and proceed up Beckfords. and Draycotts will be found on the right-hand side in the centre of the lane.
Post Code: RG8 8PB
Services: Electricity, mains water and drainage, oil fired central heating. Gigaclear superfast fibre broadband connected. Pressurised water system throughout. Security system.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.