- Detached modern country house
- 5 bedrooms
- Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Large double garage and ample parking
- Pangbourne office 0118 9842662
- Spacious family accommodation in immaculate order
- Family bathroom and 2 ensuites
- Three reception rooms and a well fitted study
- Pretty and private established gardens
Pangbourne shops & train station 5 minutes' drive ● Reading 10 miles ● Newbury 12 miles ● M4 (Junction 12) 5 miles (all distances and times are approximate)
2,545 sq ft / 236 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty detached 5 bedroom modern character country house constructed to very high standards in 2003 by the well-known national builders Bewley Homes.
Campion House is in immaculate order throughout, with unusually spacious family accommodation. This is an elegant house, tastefully and simply decorated. There are pretty rear gardens with well-maintained lawns, large terrace areas, children's play area with sunken trampoline, a thatched BBQ and bar area with adjacent thatched dining area. High fences and evergreen hedges give lots of seclusion and privacy.
Set in in a pretty and sunny spot shielded to the front from the lane by high hedges and entered from a private driveway with fields across the road, and easy walking distance to the village pub The Red Lion, which also has a restaurant, the church village green and village hall, which has excellent playing fields, tennis courts and hosts many events during the year.
There is a footpath just across the road giving walks through countryside noted to be of outstanding rural beauty and tranquillity. Upper Basildon is an excellent village for a family with children of all ages tending to share the same local schools, and therefore have friends that are easily to hand.
• The well-proportioned drawing room with large windows and French doors opening onto the rear gardens and a centrally positioned feature carved limestone fireplace fitted with a Jetmaster wood burning stove
• The reception hall is splendid with natural polished oak plank flooring, a graceful staircase with oak balustrade rises up to a large oak galleried landing, this sets the tone for the whole house, the attention to detail is exciting
• The polished oak flooring continues into the dining room which has a double aspect, with French doors from the reception hall
• The study is well fitted with an extensive range of attractive oak fronted cupboard and drawer units and the very pretty bay window
• The kitchen/breakfast room is comprehensively fitted with an extensive range of high quality oak fronted units, fitted Neff dishwasher, fitted fridge freezer, polished granite worksurfaces, propane gas hob, fitted Neff microwave and double oven. Windows overlook the rear garden, ceramic tiled flooring, large walk in cupboard, plenty of room for a breakfast table that could seat 6, door to utility room and door to side entrance
• Pretty sitting room with archway giving access from the kitchen/breakfast room, which has French doors leading directly onto the garden, this could also be an excellent play room
• The first floor has a spectacular landing, galleried in oak, with newel posts surmounted by carved oak acorns
• The master suite is spacious with laminated oak flooring, and windows overlooking the rear gardens, with a modern well fitted ensuite shower room
• There are 5 bedrooms, 4 doubles and a good size single bedroom
• All the bathrooms are immaculate with modern fittings, second ensuite to the guest bedroom, and a large family bathroom
• There is a large double garage with a pair of attractive timber remote controlled up and over doors, the garage walls are lined and the garage contains the oil-fired boiler supplying heating and hot water on a pressure system
Summary of accommodation: Covered porch, wide reception hall, dining room, drawing room, sitting room, study, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room. 5 bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms, large loft area. Attached double garage.
Gardens; Well-maintained rear lawns, lots of paved terraces, raised flower beds, wisteria, children's play area, attached garden store, thatched BBQ/bar, conical thatched summer dining building. To the front, car parking for a number of cars, well maintained lawns with a 5-bar gate access and car turning area to the driveway.
Note. This is a very wheelchair accessible house, with a level plot, level access from the car parking area, ground floor rooms with wide doorways, and the wide staircase running to the first floor could easily accommodate a stair lift.
Local facilities: Upper Basildon is a much sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has a football club and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the church centre and or the main church.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, cheese shop, organic farm shop, supermarket, library, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants. Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 45 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City). Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only 5 miles, giving easy access to Heathrow.
Schools: Upper Basildon Primary School is within walking distance, and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory School, The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout turning first right into Pangbourne Hill. Proceed to the top of the hill, just after the entrance to Pangbourne College on the left, turn right signposted Upper Basildon. Continue through the heart of the village passing the church, the green and just before The Red Lion pub on the right, turn into the private driveway, and the property is found on the left.
Post Code: RG8 8NG
Services: Mains water and drainage, electricity, oil fired central heating, propane gas for cooking, Megaflo high performance unvented cylinder water pressure system.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.