- A very pretty late Victorian semi detached village property set in a peaceful location
- 2/3 bedrooms, 2 en suites
- Easy level walk to Pangbourne's shops, train station, and amenities
- Dressing room to bedroom 1
- Lots of potential
- Off road parking to the front for 2 cars.
- Elegant reception rooms
- Open fireplaces to both the sitting room and the family room
Pangbourne centre & railway station 10 minutes' walk (fast trains to London Paddington 47 minutes) ● Easy access Reading (6 miles) & Oxford by rail & road ● M4 (junc 12) 6 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes by car (all distances approximate)
1,109 sq ft / 103 m² (all measurements are approximate)
A very pretty, late Victorian, 2/3 bedroom semi-detached house, situated on a peaceful no through lane, within easy walking distance of primary schools, pub, shops, amenities and Pangbourne train station.
The property has the potential to develop further bedroom if required (subject to LAPP). The sitting room and the family room, both have working open Victorian fireplaces, and the two bedrooms on the first floor both have an ensuite bath/shower room.
Situated within the heart of one of the most sought-after Thameside villages in this part of the world, within easy walking distance of the highly regarded village primary school, 2 village pubs, the River Thames and Pangbourne with its fine selection of specialist shops and station offering fast commuter links to London.
• Country style kitchen, with free standing fridge/freezer, new cooker with electric oven and gas hob, dishwasher, window overlooking the front garden, walk-through access to large conservatory
• Sitting room is spacious with windows overlooking the front garden, working original Victorian open fireplace
• Bedroom 1 is large with a dressing room with fitted wardrobes, and ensuite bathroom with separate shower
• Bedroom 2 is large, with an ensuite shower room
• Large conservatory with French doors opening onto the rear garden
Note 1 - A further bedroom can be created on the first floor by using the dressing room with a connecting link to the staircase and a window overlooking the rear, subject to LAPP.
Note 2 - A further bedroom and ensuite could be created on the ground floor in the family room. The plumbing linking into the exterior main drain.
Summary of accommodation: Sitting room, family room/potential bedroom 3, kitchen, conservatory, bedroom 1 with dressing room and ensuite bathroom with shower, bedroom 2, with ensuite shower room. Attached store room with washing machine.
Gardens: Gardens to front and rear. Rear garden is low maintenance and is paved and gravel. The front garden is mostly lawn with cottage garden borders and a high hedge giving privacy. Off road parking for 2 cars.
Local Facilities: Whitchurch-on-Thames has a fine character pub in The Greyhound, which also serves food. Just a few minutes' walk from the cottage is beautiful open countryside with many scenic footpaths and bridle paths, and easy access to the River Thames.
Within easy level walking distance of Pangbourne village centre with its fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, barbers, restaurants and riverside pubs. The River Thames runs between the villages and there are riverside meadows, part-owned by the National Trust, the Thames Path, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offering canoeing and climbing instruction.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading which will benefit from Crossrail, offering fast links to the City. Waitrose can be found at both Tilehurst (approx. 4 miles) and Wallingford.
Schools: The property is in the catchment area of Langtree Secondary School at Woodcote, and Whitchurch Primary School which is a 2 minutes' walk and has an outstanding record.
Whitchurch-on-Thames is located within easy reach of a number of independent schools; Pangbourne College, Bradfield College and St Andrew's Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton and Daughter, turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, cross over the River Thames toll bridge and enter the village of Whitchurch. Continue along the High Street, and just before The Greyhound Inn on your right, turn right into Eastfield Lane and the property is the second on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7EJ
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas.
EPC Rating: E
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire, Band D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.