- An attractive, substantial family house only a short distance from Goring with its shops & train
- 6 beds, 4 baths/ shower rooms
- Good sized reception rooms
- 0.42 Acres/ 0.17 ha
- Easy walk to recreation ground, shop, church, Perch & Pike restaurant/ pub, primary school
- Lots of nearby footpaths with wonderful walks through open countryside
- Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)
- Triple detached garage with storage over
- Could be divided into two semi's if required (planning permission granted)
- 0118 9842662
Goring village & train station 2 miles ● Henley On Thames 13 miles ● Pangbourne 6.5 miles ● Wallingford 4 miles ● Reading 11 miles (all distances are approximate)
Main House: 4,348 sq ft / 404 m²
including detached triple garage - ground and first floor storage area
On the edge of the historic Thameside village of South Stoke.
An attractive, substantial family house only a short distance by car from Goring with its shops and mainline station. With a detached triple garage set in large gardens extending to approx. 0.42 acre / 0.17 ha. (boundaries between existing house and building plot to be confirmed)
Planning permission granted for widening of the main access from the road.
Lot 1 Existing character 6 bedroom detached house & triple garage with 0.42 acre / 0.17 ha (approx) Price guide £1.3 m
Lot 2 – Building plot for a detached dwelling in 0.31 acre / 0.12 ha (approx)
Price guide £650,000 Application no: P21/S3772/FUL Detailed Planning Permission granted January 2023.
Detailed design and construction drawings available including engineering and tender drawings/documentation.
Lot 3 – As a whole. Price guide £1.95 m
Sycamores might present the opportunity for multi-generational occupation of the whole, as well as the valuable opportunity to acquire the main house with planning permission for division into two semi-detached houses, one with a substantial extension, and a separate plot for a new detached country house.
The interior of the property offers spacious family accommodation on two floors. The ground floor having two pairs of French doors giving access to the front gardens, and a conservatory with large patios and pathways extending across the whole width of the property, suitable for summer dining.
Easy walking distance to the recreation ground, community shop, and village primary school, St Andrews Church and the pretty Perch & Pike country pub with excellent restaurant that has recently opened with new landlords/ tenants. There are many nearby footpaths giving wonderful walks through open countryside and The Ridgeway Path beside the River Thames. Slipway access to the River Thames. This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) with the main village of South Stoke bordered by the River Thames. The well-known riverside hotel and restaurant The Swan can be found at Streatley.
• Property as it stands might be used as a two-family dwelling as there are two staircases to the first floor, two large sitting rooms and two kitchens
• Main entrance is from a large covered porch into a spacious reception hall
• The main drawing room has a large Inglenook fireplace with Bessemer Oak beam across fitted with a wood burning stove
• Good ceiling heights throughout
• Dining room has French doors giving access to the garden, window to side and rear and archway access directly into the kitchen/breakfast room
• Kitchen/breakfast room is fully fitted, with Classic cooking range with 5 ring gas hob, electric hot plate, two ovens and grill, Leisure extractor over, 1 ½ bowl stainless sink with mixer taps, space for tumble dryer and washing machine, fitted fridge, fitted dishwasher
• Reception hall is spacious with pretty staircase and balustrade rising to the galleried landing
• Sitting room has large open fireplace and French doors leading onto the garden
• Further kitchen with extensive range of units, fitted AEG double oven with ceramic 4 ring hob, sink and space for washing machine or dishwasher
• Double doors give access to conservatory with ceramic tiled flooring and French doors leading to the garden and patio
• Large study/play room
• Shower room
• 6 bedrooms to include; 4 double bedrooms and a large family bathroom leading from the main landing. One of the bedrooms includes an ensuite shower room, this room has a connecting door to a second first-floor landing also accessible by the second staircase, with 2 further double bedrooms and a second large family bathroom
• Property was constructed in 1999
Main House summary of accommodation: Entrance porch, reception hall, drawing room, sitting room, cloakroom, study/play room, two kitchens, dining room, 6 bedrooms, 4 bath/shower rooms.
Gardens: Present gardens include extensive lawns, pretty flowerbeds, and herbaceous borders to the front further lawns to side and rear. Productive vegetable garden. Fine old oak tree to one side and Pink Horse chestnut to the other side. Greenhouse.
Detached 3 bay garage block with 3 up and over doors with extensive storage over.
Main House gardens & grounds: 0.42 acre / 0.17 ha (approx)
Note: The main house has planning permission to be sub-divided and extended into two semi-detached dwellings if required. Application no: P21/S3772/FUL
Should the main house be subdivided into two semi detached dwellings and extended as per planning permission P21/S3772/FUL :
Semi one: 4 double bedrooms; 2,163 sq ft/ 201 sq m (approx) – Triple Garage must be ancillary to the main house and cannot be sold off as a separate dwelling.
Semi two: 4 bedrooms (3 doubles, one single); 1,840 sq ft/ 171 sq m (approx)
Further details available on request from the sellers Agents – Singleton & Daughter
Local Facilities: The thriving Community Shop offers an array of services and goods, and is open 7 days a week. The highly regarded traditional Inn 'The Perch & Pike' with excellent restaurant,that has recently re opened with new landlords/ tenants, a village hall with recreation ground, nearby Goring-on-Thames with many independent shops, restaurants and cafes, as well as the train station offering fast train services to Reading, Oxford and London Paddington.
The historic Ridgeway Path runs through the village, and continues along the riverbank to North Stoke where it leaves the Thames and continues up onto the Chilterns and the Icknield Way. The River Thames is within easy walking distance offering boating and recreational facilities including walks along the Thames Path to Goring and Wallingford.
Schools: There are excellent local state primary and secondary schools nearby. In addition, there are many highly regarded independent schools; Cranford House, The Oratory, Moulsford prep, St Andrews prep, Pangbourne College, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Downe House, Rupert House, Shiplake College, The Abbey, Bradfield College, The Manor Preparatory School, Abingdon School, and St Helen & St Katharine.
Directions: From the direction of Goring, traveling on the B4009, pass two signs to South Stoke, and just before the third turning to South Stoke (Ferry Road), the property entrance will be found on the right-hand side on the Wallingford Road.
Post Code: RG8 0JJ
Services: Mains water, drainage, gas, electricity, high speed broadband connected, two gas fired boilers (both replaced within the last 10 years).
EPC rating main house : Band C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: South Oxfordshire – Tax Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662 email@example.com
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.