- Building plot with detailed planning permission for a 5 bedroom dwelling
- 3207 sq ft / 298 sq m
- 0.31 acre/ 0.12 ha plot approx
- 5 beds, 3 bath/ sh, Kitchen/ dining/ living room, sitting room, study, family room, utility
- Walk to recreation ground, pub, shop, excellent pub/ restaurant Pike & Perch, primary school
- Detailed planning permission granted January 2023
- Detailed design and construction plans available including engineering and tender drawings/ docs
- Planning application no: P21 / S3772/FUL
- 0118 9842662
Goring village & train station 2 miles ● Henley On Thames 13 miles ● Pangbourne 6.5 miles ● Wallingford 4 miles ● Reading 11 miles (all distances are approximate)
Plot with detailed planning permission for 5 bedroom detached dwelling : 3,207 sq ft / 298 sq m
Plot - Gardens & grounds extending to: 0.31 acre / 0.12 ha (approx)
Boundaries and detailed measurement of plot to be confirmed.
On the edge of the historic Thameside village of South Stoke.
A splendid opportunity to acquire a development plot for a 5 bedroom, detached dwelling, only a short distance by car from Goring with its shops and mainline station. (Boundaries between existing house and building plot to be confirmed)
Planning application number: P21/S3772/FUL dated 18th January 2023
Planning permission has been granted for widening of the main access from the road.
Lot 1 - Existing character 6-bedroom detached house & triple garage.
Lot 2 – Building plot for a detached dwelling. Detailed planning permission granted January 2023
Detailed design and construction drawings available including engineering and tender drawings/ documentation.
Lot 3 – As a whole.
Easy walking distance to the recreation ground, community shop and village primary school, St Andrews Church and the pretty Perch & Pike country pub with excellent restaurant. There are many nearby footpaths giving wonderful walks through open countryside and The Ridgeway Path beside the River Thames. Slipway access to the River Thames. This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) with the main village of South Stoke bordered by the River Thames. The well-known riverside hotel and restaurant The Swan can be found at Streatley.
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, cloakroom, sitting room, kitchen/ living/ dining room, family room, study, utility, 5 bedrooms, two ensuites and family bathroom.
Gardens: Plot size 0.31 acre / 0.12 ha (approx)
Local Facilities: The thriving Community Shop offers an array of services and goods, and is open 7 days a week. The highly regarded traditional Inn 'The Perch & Pike' country pub with an excellent restaurant, that has recently re opened with new landlords/ tenants, a village hall with recreation ground, nearby Goring-on-Thames with many independent shops, restaurants and cafes, as well as the train station offering fast train services to Reading, Oxford and London Paddington.
The historic Ridgeway Path runs through the village, and continues along the riverbank to North Stoke where it leaves the Thames and continues up onto the Chilterns and the Icknield Way. The River Thames is within easy walking distance offering boating and recreational facilities including walks along the Thames Path to Goring and Wallingford.
Schools: There are excellent local state primary and secondary schools nearby. In addition, there are many highly regarded independent schools; Cranford House, The Oratory, Moulsford prep, St Andrews prep, Pangbourne College, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Downe House, Rupert House, Shiplake College, The Abbey, Bradfield College, The Manor Preparatory School, Abingdon School, and St Helen & St Katharine.
Directions: From the direction of Goring, travelling on the B4009, pass two signs to South Stoke, and just before the third turning to South Stoke (Ferry Road), the property entrance will be found on the right-hand side on the Wallingford Road.
Post Code: RG8 0JJ
Local Authority: South Oxfordshire
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662 firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
West Berkshire Council, To Be Confirmed
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.