- An individually designed, semi detached 3 bedroom house
- Set in a peaceful, semi rural village
- In need of modernising
- Lots of potential to extend
- Good sized rear gardens that are private and secluded
- Highly sought after village with wonderful village community with a super village pub/ restaurant
- Village recreation ground with playing fields, tennis courts, childrens adventure playground
- Lots of lovely walks in the area
- Easy access to village primary school and St Andrew's
- Mains drainage and mains gas central heating
Pangbourne shops & train station 3 miles ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (Junction 12) 6 miles
(all distances are approximate)
1,625 sq ft / 151 m²
(all measurements are approximate)
Upper Basildon is an excellent location for families with children of all ages. There is a very active community, and the village hall hosts many events throughout the year. The Red Lion village pub is within easy walking distance.
Surrounded by countryside known for its outstanding beauty, with easy access to footpaths giving lovely walks through unspoilt countryside, and just a few minutes easy drive to Pangbourne village, with its extensive range of specialist shops, riverside pubs and restaurants, amenities and railway station giving fast commuter links to Oxford, Reading, the Elizabeth Line, and non-stop service to Paddington.
• The property has plenty of potential for extension into the roof (see note) and to the side incorporating the single attached garage, and still leaving parking for 2/3 cars
• Large reception hall
• Spacious kitchen with dining area. Window overlooking the rear garden, fitted double oven, 5 ring stainless steel gas hob, plumbing for dishwasher, door to rear garden
• Utility room has plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, cloakroom and door to rear garden and access to garage
• Large sitting room
• Large landing with access to a loft area (see note)
• Walk through access to bedroom 3 from bedroom 1 which could easily be subdivided if required
• Main bedroom has a large en-suite shower room
• Unusual for the village - the property is connected to mains gas/ gas central heating
Note: The is a large loft area which could have a staircase from the spacious 1st floor landing to create further accommodation with a dormer window overlooking the rear garden. Subject to LAPP and building regulations.
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, kitchen with dining area, utility room, cloakroom. 3 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite shower room to main bedroom. Integrated single garage.
Gardens: Rear garden is a good size, measuring approximately 30m deep by 25m wide. Mainly laid to lawn, patio, with high shrubberies giving seclusion and privacy. Some pruning back would be beneficial to expose and create full use of the rear garden. Large garden store in need of some repair.
There is a small front garden, car parking to the side, and an integrated single garage with electric up and over door.
Local Facilities Upper Basildon is a sought-after village situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoying a very active community; the village hall hosts a number of events during the course of the year including the popular village Market one Saturday a month. The village recreational ground has playing fields, a football club, and an excellent tennis club. The Red Lion is a popular pub serving local ales and food. Various clubs and activities use the village and/or the church centre.
For the equestrian enthusiast there are many bridle paths surrounding the village. There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor tennis courts, squash, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, etc. There are plenty of golf clubs nearby and the Royal Berkshire Shooting School is within easy driving distance.
Upper Basildon benefits from being a few minutes' drive from the nearby Thames side village of Pangbourne which offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, cheese shop, organic farm shop, delicatessen, supermarket, doctors, dental practices, hairdressers, pubs, and restaurants. There are also two very popular farm shops nearby at Vicars/Casey Fields Farm Shop at Ashampstead and Cobbs farm shop and café at Englefield.
Pangbourne station offers fast train links to London Paddington (40 mins), Oxford and Reading (Elizabeth Line).
Schools: Upper Basildon Primary School is within easy walking distance, and St Andrew's Preparatory School is only a few minutes' drive, as are Pangbourne College and Bradfield College. There is also The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, Downe House, all within easy driving distance. There are bus pick up points locally for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey from Pangbourne.
Directions: Passing The Red Lion pub (RG8 8NG) on your right, carry on along The Aldworth Road, and take the first left into Ashampstead Road. At the cross-roads turn right, sign posted towards Lower Basildon and Streatley, a short distance along Red Villa Lodge will be found on the left.
Post Code: RG8 8SU
Services: Mains water, electricity, drainage, and gas central heating. Potterton gas boiler in the garage.
EPC Rating: C
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: D
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.