- 5 bedrooms
- In 1st class order throughout, recent extension and refitted to a high specification
- All windows have been replaced with primary double glazed units.
- Electric vehicle charging point
- Bedroom 1 and guest bedroom with balcony with superb views
- Beautiful views over open countryside
- Wonderful kitchen/ living/dining room with bi fold doors onto the large rear gardens
- Sunny gardens
- Parking for several cars
An outstanding modern 5 bedroom detached house enjoying a wonderful rural outlook over pastureland, to woodland and the River Pang in the distance.
The Birches is in first class order throughout, having undergone a recent extension, and totally refitted to the interior by the present owners. The property offers unusually spacious family accommodation, and the gardens are large, with the grounds extending to approximately 0.22 acre.
A wonderful kitchen/living/dining room has bi-fold doors which open up onto a wide sun terrace, with views over the rear garden to the countryside beyond.
Tidmarsh is a pretty semi-rural village located just a mile from Pangbourne. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, with many nearby footpaths giving wonderful walks through the countryside.
* The kitchen/ living/dining room is a splendid feature. Recently totally refitted, with bi-fold doors opening onto the rear sun terrace with summer dining areas, which lead onto the lawns and the rural views in the distance. There is room for a large dining table which could easily sit 8-10 people. The kitchen is fully fitted with high- and low-level cupboards and drawers, wide working surfaces, fitted dishwasher, oven, microwave, ceramic induction hob with stainless steel extractor over, pot drawers
* The principal bedroom has fitted wardrobes, and French doors opening onto a Juliet balcony with a glazed balustrade to take full advantage of the wonderful rear views
* The guest bedroom has a balcony with glazed door giving access and fabulous rural views
* The bathrooms are fitted to a very high standard, with a very spacious ensuite to the principal bedroom with a modern bath tub and a large separate shower
* All the windows have been replaced with primary double-glazed units
* Utility room is spacious and well fitted with quartz working surfaces, butlers sink, plumbing for washing machine and dryer, lots of storage cupboards and doors to garden and garage
* Large integral single garage which has a painted floor and has been used as a gym
* High hedges give seclusion to both front and rear and the rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with raised flower beds and herbaceous borders
* Type 2 electric vehicle charging point (wall box Pulsar Plus)
Summary of accommodation: reception hall, study, cloakroom, utility room, kitchen/living/dining room, sitting room, landing with study area, 5 bedrooms (one currently used as an office), family bathroom, ensuite to principal bedroom. Integral single garage.
Gardens: Front of the property is a large brick laid parking area, flanked by raised flower beds to the front boundary and in front of the house, parking for at least 4 cars, access to the single garage and side access to the rear garden. The rear garden has a stone terrace the width of the house, mainly laid to lawn.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.22 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: Tidmarsh has a nice village pub; The Greyhound, an ancient church, playing fields, numerous wonderful countryside walks and bridlepaths. Nearby Englefield has an excellent village garden centre incorporating a village store and café, and Cobbs Farm Shop with butchers, greengrocers, deli, and cafe/restaurant is nearby.
Pangbourne offers a range of amenities including a splendid selection of specialist shops including a butcher, bakery, cheese shop, organic shop, a small supermarket, library, doctors, dentists, hairdressers, riverside pubs and restaurants. The station offers fast train links to London Paddington (approx. 47 minutes), Oxford and Reading (soon to have Crossrail giving fast links to The City).
Schools: The Birches is within easy reach of a number of fine schools including the highly sought-after Englefield Primary School. Within easy driving distance are; St Andrew's Preparatory School, Pangbourne College, Bradfield College, Brockhurst & Marlston House Schools, The Oratory School, St Finians, Cranford House, Moulsford Boys School, and Downe House. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon.
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter, turn left passing The Elephant hotel, proceed into Tidmarsh, and just after the speed camera turn left into the driveway.
Post Code: RG8 8ER
Services: Mains water and electricity, oil fired central heating, shared septic tank drainage. Pressure water system with unvented water cylinder which gives high pressure water flow to the whole property. High speed broadband connected. Type 2 electric vehicle charging point (wall box Pulsar Plus)
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.