- A 4 bedroom house set in a very beautiful setting
- Enormous potential
- Set off the highly desirable Avenue of Oaks
- Secluded location
- Gardens & Grounds extending to approx 0.56 acre
- Set on the very beautiful Bucklebury Common
- Pangbourne 6 miles, M4 (junc 12) 5 miles, Reading / Newbury 8 miles, Theale Station 7 miles (Approx)
- 0118 9842662
Pangbourne 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 5 miles ● Reading / Newbury 8 miles ● Theale Station 7 miles (all mileages/distance are approximate)
1,991 sq ft / 185 m²
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.56 acre
(all measurements are approximate)
A detached 4 bedroom house, enjoying a magnificent location. Situated just off the beginning of The Avenue of Oaks, and set amidst the famous unspoilt and very beautiful Bucklebury Common, within an area noted to be of outstanding rural beauty and tranquillity.
Built in the 1970s and enjoying a large plot. Bordered to the left and right by National Trust fields, and overlooking pastureland to the rear. The property offers huge potential for either a 1:1 replacement dwelling, or a complete refurbishment and extension (subject to local authority planning permission).
Summary of accommodation: Entrance hall, study, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, utility room, 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, ensuite to bedroom 1.
Gardens: Large south facing rear gardens, overlooking pastureland. Useful outbuilding, garden store, detached double garage. Long gravel drive from The Avenue. Detached double garage and parking for a number of cars.
Gardens & Grounds extending to 0.56 acre (approx.)
Local facilities: This area is known for fine restaurants and period pubs and just down The Avenue is the recently refurbished gastro pub; The Bladebone, with its excellent restaurant. There is also a lovely tea room; The Blackbird Café, serving a fine range of cakes and snacks. There is a general store at Upper Bucklebury and a Post Office and general store at Southend Bradfield, both within a few minutes' drive. Stanford Dingley is a short distance by car with its famous 16th century pub, The Old Boot Inn. Yattendon village is just a couple of miles away with the famous country house hotel and restaurant; The Royal Oak.
The village of Bucklebury, which is mentioned in the Doomsday Book, is positioned with extremely convenient road links to the M4 and A4. Heathrow airport is an hour's drive. There are train stations within easy reach at Thatcham and Pangbourne giving good commuter access to Reading (Crossrail) and London Paddington.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 15 minutes' drive and has a fabulous selection of award-winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre and 9-hole golf course.
Schools: Excellent schools abound within easy driving distance to include; Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, Downe House, St Andrew's Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory School for Boys, The Oratory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School & Elstree Preparatory School. There is a C of E primary school at both Upper Bucklebury and Bradfield.
Directions: From Bradfield Southend, head onto the Avenue of Oaks, turn left into the third driveway on the left, before the footpath sign. Follow the driveway round to the right and Gunnells Cottage is the last house.
Post Code: RG7 6NJ
Services: Electricity, mains water, oil fired central heating, septic tank drainage. High speed Gigaclear available but not connected.
EPC Rating: F
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band G
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
0118 984 2662
Websites: singletonanddaughter.co.uk rightmove.co.uk, mayfairoffice.co.uk, onthemarket.com, countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors.
(i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.