- An attractive semi-detached house in superb order throughout
- Garage and off road parking
- Immaculate condition
- Good sized kitchen
- Pretty gardens to the front and rear
- 3 bedrooms
- Gardens to the rear with vegetable garden and garden store
- Walk to shops, station & amenities
Pangbourne village centre, a few minutes' walk to shops & train station ● Fast trains to London Paddington (47 minutes) ● Reading 6 miles ● M4 (junc 12) 4 miles ● Heathrow 45 mins drive (all distances/times are approximate)
3,717 sq ft / 345 m² (all measurements are approximate)
An attractive 3 bedroom semi-detached house in superb order throughout. Positioned within the heart of this pretty riverside period village, in the highly sought-after Thames Avenue. Well set back from the no-through road, with a single integral garage, off-road parking, and very pretty gardens to both the front and rear.
Rookwood is a light, bright, simply decorated and elegant house, and has recently been upgraded to include primary double glazed white coated aluminium replacement windows and exterior doors. There is a pretty conservatory with French doors leading directly onto the rear gardens which have been created with love, care and dedication.
Easy level walking distance to the village primary school, a fabulous selection of specialist shops, health centre, pubs and restaurants. The station is a 5-minute walk and gives fast commuter links to London Paddington. The nearby playing fields and riverside meadows offer wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre for canoeing, kayaking, SUP tuition and a climbing wall.
• Modern refitted cream painted kitchen with wide working surfaces, Bosch 4 ring gas hob with extractor over, John Lewis dishwasher, AEG fitted double electric ovens, integrated John Lewis washing machine, understairs cupboard, window overlooking the rear gardens, door to rear gardens. The kitchen could be used as a breakfast room with a small table if so desired
• Double aspect sitting room with dining area, fitted wood burner with oak beam across, window overlooking the pretty front garden, double doors giving access to the conservatory, with a further pair of double doors giving access to the gardens
• Staircase leads up gently to the first-floor galleried landing
• Fitted wardrobes to bedroom 1
• Bathroom has been recently refitted to a high standard and has a bath and shower
• Immaculate carpets throughout will be included in the sale
Summary of accommodation: Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room, 3 bedrooms, family bathroom, integral single garage.
Gardens: The front walled garden has well maintained lawn and shrubberies. Access to the integral garage which has up and over door and lighting, with parking in front, and side access to the rear garden.
The rear gardens have well maintained lawns, a raised stone paved patio for summer dining, shrubberies, herbaceous borders, covered seating and a productive vegetable garden with fruit trees, gooseberry and redcurrant bushes and a timber constructed garden store.
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award-winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. The River Thames runs through the village and has riverside meadows offering wonderful walks, a children's play area, tennis courts, football pitches, a bowling club and Pangbourne Adventure Dolphin centre offers canoeing, kayaking, SUP and a climbing wall.
Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a couple of miles up the road and is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Near to Beale Park is Basildon Park, the National Trust property, featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There is an excellent sporting complex open to public membership at Bradfield College with indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash courts, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, and there are plenty of golf clubs nearby.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City, as well as buses to all local areas.
Excellent schools: Pangbourne Primary School is a short walk and offers foundation stage 1, Pangbourne College is within easy walking distance. Bradfield College, St Andrew's Preparatory School, The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School are a short drive. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter, turn left and left again at the mini roundabout. At the next mini roundabout turn left at The George Hotel, under the railway bridge and turn first right into Thames Avenue, Rookwood will be found a short way down on the left.
Post Code: RG8 7BU
Services: Mains water, drainage, electricity, gas. Worcester gas fired boiler. High speed broadband connected.
EPC Rating: D
Local Authority & Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Band E
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Viewing by arrangement with vendor's agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1U 3JT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.